Main Menu

Something is Growing in my Back Lot.....Updated Fathers Day.

Started by DAYLEY/CHALLENGER, April 03, 2019, 07:18:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Well, the tv antenna came today. Surprisingly, getting 16 channels right now. Got the little 19" setting there now, but picking up a 32" tomorrow. Then deciding where to mount.  Got the phone installed   too.  Went to Lowe's and got the aluminum to make the mounts for the antenna.  Figured the best place was right up front.  Got a solar light installed over the side door.  Bright at night. Bought an alarm at Harbor Freight, like for the driveway. Works great too. Sensor just inside the doors and receiver in the kitchen. Any motion, I know about it. The wife said she didn't want me to just sit around, now doesn'T see me much.  LOL

Timbbuc2

Don't have a TV in my shop, now I am jealous
Get in, I'll drive

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on April 18, 2019, 01:42:13 PM
And the son mentioned we are going to work on getting my house WiFi a little stronger.  Got to have that access....... :fingerscrossed:

Do yourself a favor, run a cat 6 line in a conduit I'm guessing there will be a trench to bring power, just separate the conduits by more than 6" & you'll be fine... Cat 6 is pretty cheap, I bought a 1000 ft box for about $100.... 1/2 PVC conduit is cheap...  Having good solid internet access in your shop.. Priceless...  WiFi won't work well in a metal building....  Correction, it'll work fine, if it is generated & received in the metal building but it won't work coming from the house even directional antennas don't do well....

Brads70

:D Never mind the TV .... what are you doing about "tunes" Every shop just has to have a sound system!  :yes:

anlauto

TV in a garage ? No wonder you guys spend YEARS restoring a car ... :rofl: :rofl:......I do like American Idol this season though  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Quote from: Brads70 on April 21, 2019, 05:30:19 AM
:D Never mind the TV .... what are you doing about "tunes" Every shop just has to have a sound system!  :yes:

Guess that will be next on the list.  The man cave is taking shape.  :lurking:

Quote from: anlauto on April 21, 2019, 08:00:29 AM
TV in a garage ? No wonder you guys spend YEARS restoring a car ... :rofl: :rofl:......I do like American Idol this season though  :twothumbsup:

The wife likes Laine...  good group this year.....but there will never be another    Carrie! :yes:

anlauto

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on April 21, 2019, 07:23:43 PM

The wife likes Laine...  good group this year.....but there will never be another    Carrie! :yes:

That's for sure...I just said a similar thing to my wife...down to 8 now  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

As this thing is progressing and I keep moving stuff around, I try to complete something before tackling another process.  TV for example.   Guess some music is next.

Chryco Psycho

YellowThumper

First thing I see that has to go is the clock...
Time is your enemy in there.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Time is relative.  The wife usually lets me know when I have to go to the house!

Anyway...moved a project in but will take my time on this one.   Batteries are average, think I have a wiring issue.  Time will tell!

The boss wants to ride now!

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

71vert340

You're right on the hood blackout Blown Motor. Reminds me of the Challenger hood blackout.  :) The road lamps and roll cage are great too!
TW

dougdel

Earlier you said you may insulate it.  Remember metal will bring condensation. Seriously think about acreflective type of insulation like solar guard, or if you go with a fiberglass type look into vrr metal building insulation.  It has a reflective back and is faced with reinforced vinyl that will give a finished look and will help improve your lighting.
With vrr you can insulate walls and ceiling for around $1000.00. There's a company in South Carolina that is called silvercote that I recommend.