Main Menu

Taking money out of the equation , where in the USA would you live ?

Started by Brads70, April 04, 2017, 02:11:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

So if money was not a concern WHERE and WHY would you chose to live in the USA ? And no family ties as to where you would live. ( Thinking kids or parents etc... )

1 Wild R/T

Hawaii... If I need to explain it you wouldn't understand.... Yes I know it's got it's problems but honestly every place I've even been does..

Cuda Cody

Some place sunny.  Maybe Arizona.   :thinking:  It's hard to San Diego too.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Las Vegas, NV. Been there, love the climate and all the entertainment.

303 Mopar

Carlsbad, CA - small town feel in Southern California, close to the beach, not a lot of traffic, consistently nice weather.

ec_co

hard to say with limited travel experience, but out of all the places I've lived (WA/OR/ID/MT/CO/CA) I'd move back to the Portland/OR area in a heartbeat. still gets 4 seasons and lots of recreational activities within just a few hours (beaches, deserts, mountains, rain forest) and the attitudes of folks in the Pacific NW have always been some of the best folks I've dealt with.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

cuda hunter

I have researched a few extremely remote ranch's in Montana.  Both on the eastern side and in the rockies. east and west.
I really like the isolation that exists out there.

But I would have a really hard time only having one place.  So a place in Florida for the winter is a necessity. 

Otherwise, I hate to say I'm content, but here in Salida the people are about as nice as it gets and I have plenty of work.  Tons of recreation. The only thing we don't have is a "warm ocean"  beach.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Brads70

I've been doing some looking/research? and keep coming back to Texas?  Lots of factors to consider like property taxes, , climate, geography, etc.... I'd like some place small enough that it doesn't have a Walmart but within 30 minutes to an hour of a bigger city not a metropolis though.
I used to think the Carolinia's were for me but a few things turn me off ( one is I have family there ...too close!LOL) and this stupid thing how they tax your car each year based on the value for your tag permit .
On facebook I subscribed to a page called " for the love of old houses" man I'll tell ya some of those deals seem unreal for what you get? Around here the housing is going crazy! I'm thinking I could almost sell and retire to somewhere else and have a nice chunk in my pocket! The house is paid off and my wife is a US citizen...... in five years or so kids will be gone....... :thinking:

A.Gramz

I keep telling my wife when I retire I'm heading to Texas but in 35 years who knows

Brads70

Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 04, 2017, 02:18:02 PM
Carlsbad, CA - small town feel in Southern California, close to the beach, not a lot of traffic, consistently nice weather.

Looks nice! I go on google maps then street view to rty and get a feel for how it looks. Fun to do I seem to spend some time these days doing that....

Cuda Cody

That changes everything.  When you put money back on the table, it's hard to beat Texas.  Great weather, tax friendly, and lots of affordable housing.  Partner, I could totally see myself living in Texas.  Yes sir.   :yes:

Quote from: Brads70 on April 04, 2017, 03:06:03 PM
I've been doing some looking/research? and keep coming back to Texas?  Lots of factors to consider like property taxes, , climate, geography, etc.... I'd like some place small enough that it doesn't have a Walmart but within 30 minutes to an hour of a bigger city not a metropolis though.
I used to think the Carolinia's were for me but a few things turn me off ( one is I have family there ...too close!LOL) and this stupid thing how they tax your car each year based on the value for your tag permit .
On facebook I subscribed to a page called " for the love of old houses" man I'll tell ya some of those deals seem unreal for what you get? Around here the housing is going crazy! I'm thinking I could almost sell and retire to somewhere else and have a nice chunk in my pocket! The house is paid off and my wife is a US citizen...... in five years or so kids will be gone....... :thinking:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 04, 2017, 03:27:36 PM
That changes everything.  When you put money back on the table, it's hard to beat Texas.  Great weather, tax friendly, and lots of affordable housing.  Partner, I could totally see myself living in Texas.  Yes sir.   :yes:

Even with unlimited money for a home I keep getting drawn to Texas. Some of those homes/mansions in say Southlake Texas sure seem unreal! I can't even fathom having that much money but it's fun to dream! I've only been to Texas once to buy a Chevy Suburban ( Arlington area) I liked it ok, but never got to look around much....

Cuda Cody

I've been once too.  And everyone was super nice.  Really liked it and could see why someone would want to live there.  You seriously thinking of moving?  Then I have to tell you about a secrete place known as Brush Prairie, WA.   ;)  Come up here and be my neighbor!   :bradsthumb:

Quote from: Brads70 on April 04, 2017, 03:32:02 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 04, 2017, 03:27:36 PM

Even with unlimited money for a home I keep getting drawn to Texas. Some of those homes/mansions in say Southlake Texas sure seem unreal! I can't even fathom having that much money but it's fun to dream! I've only been to Texas once to buy a Chevy Suburban ( Arlington area) I liked it ok, but never got to look around much....