Main Menu

Taking money out of the equation , where in the USA would you live ?

Started by Brads70, April 04, 2017, 02:11:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: Moparman82 on April 05, 2017, 09:13:52 AM
I agree with 1wildR/T, hawaii for sure for Cali.  Spent almost 30 years of my life in california, born in long beach, grew up in Pismo Beach, lived in Chico for school, lived in San Diego in my 20s.  Been in omaha, nebraska for the last 3 years, and one thing I know for sure, I won't be moving back to california.  Money isn't the issue, I just can't stand the politics and too be honest, I can't stand 80% of the people there (cc & e-body forum members are exempt!  :haha:).  Most of my friends and family are in Cali which is it's one redeeming factor for me, but the midwest has been amazing for my family, Omaha has phenomenal schools, and the midwest in general just has great people.  (for those of you unfamiliar, omaha isn't some bo-dunk town, its over million people in the greater Omaha area)I love the lifestyle here.   Ok im pulling the plug on this rant before i get even more worked up.....so yea, hawaii lol or austin Tx, maybe the carolinas

I think we have A LOT in common!  :D

1 Wild R/T

Thing you have to understand about California, the population centers control the politics, there there are large areas that are very conservative...

Also there are allot of car guys/events...

Brads70

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 05, 2017, 09:45:00 AM
Thing you have to understand about California, the population centers control the politics, there there are large areas that are very conservative...

Good to know, always learning!  :bradsthumb:  Like I said someday I'd love to take a few months off and just jump in the Challenger and drive to and explore CA. Looks interesting! Funny how you get preconceived notions of places you have never visited by what you read/see in the media. You just have to go see for yourself I'm sure!
Funny Hawaii ...all I can think of getting stuck on a big island, sure the tropical parts we see on TV etc look beautiful but I can't help wondering if that would get old quick? But I've never been there in person so I can't say for sure...? Like everywhere else it's good/ more fun if you have lots of money! 

HP_Cuda

As someone who seriously looked at retiring on Hawaii (either The Big Island or Maui) the costs are astronomical and you don't really get away from Calif politics because essentially they are the same. Don't get me wrong the weather most times is pretty nice and there is plenty to do. I've talked to several who came from the islands and they all say the same thing. At a specific point in time you will get island fever and want to leave. This is why Hawaii is like AZ and folks go there for a 4-6 month span and then snowbird back to there other place.

Anyway, I cannot wait to leave this state and it's inability to make any rational sense. For example, every Calif citizen owes 93k for the pensions handed out in the state. Guess how that's gonna work out?  :haha:

I long for wide open spaces....
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on April 05, 2017, 09:51:53 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 05, 2017, 09:45:00 AM

Good to know, always learning!  :bradsthumb:  Like I said someday I'd love to take a few months off and just jump in the Challenger and drive to and explore CA. Looks interesting! Funny how you get preconceived notions of places you have never visited by what you read/see in the media. You just have to go see for yourself I'm sure!
Funny Hawaii ...all I can think of getting stuck on a big island, sure the tropical parts we see on TV etc look beautiful but I can't help wondering if that would get old quick? But I've never been there in person so I can't say for sure...? Like everywhere else it's good/ more fun if you have lots of money!

I spent two years on Guam, the island thing doesn't bother me, theres plenty to do... & if you can afford to live there you can afford to leave should the desire strike....  Nice thing about Hawaii is it's big enough to have a coupe very different climate zones, hey you can snow ski in the morning & go snorkeling with the dolphins mid day then a Luau in the evening.... 

JS29

Central New York has A lot of grate scenery and wilderness but the state of New York is the problem. I liked Tennessee when I went down there. was only there for A week.   

Brads70

Quote from: JS29 on April 05, 2017, 11:35:34 AM
Central New York has A lot of grate scenery and wilderness but the state of New York is the problem. I liked Tennessee when I went down there. was only there for A week.
When I drive to Carlisle I like to stay off the interstate and take secondary roads. It's a beautiful drive thru farm country, lots of beautiful old buildings etc...  Watkins Glen area is beautiful too! I love all the hardwood bush and mountains.  :bradsthumb:

Bullitt-

I'll tell ya next time I see ya Brad......  Trying to keep it a secret....   :rebelflag"

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Chryco Psycho

Moparman82

:haha:  i bet, brad, still waiting for you to bring that challenger down for the SCCA autocross events in lincoln!  a mere 40 mins from here
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

71vert340

Flagstaff Arizona. Cold winters, warm summers. Get tired of the cold, its a short drive to Phoenix. Lots of national parks to visit.
Terry

Rdchallenger

On a beach in Georgia. Mild winters and being able to drive the Challenger all year round.

superdave

:thinking: Weather and recreation/scenery, Treasure Coast of Florida but it's kind of crowded down there. Anywhere in the plains or South East works too. 8) 8)

BIGSHCLUNK

For me i's got to be a place warmer than colder. Already have property in Florida (wife says no.... BIG bugs), northwest Ark nice but undecided. Would like a gun/car friendly state that's for sure. Like some spots in Arizona and Colorado(too cold) Georgia too

dodj

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on April 01, 2020, 07:22:07 PM
For me i's got to be a place warmer than colder. Already have property in Florida (wife says no.... BIG bugs), northwest Ark nice but undecided. Would like a gun/car friendly state that's for sure. Like some spots in Arizona and Colorado(too cold) Georgia too
:iagree:
I'm with bigs on this one. The only reason I would move is for more heat, shorter winters.
So anyplace with heat, car shows, gun ranges, a fishing spot, and hiking trails /shorelines.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill