Main Menu

***This Is the First Day of the Rest of My Life***

Started by Bullitt-, April 16, 2018, 09:28:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Congrats!  Make sure you have a lot of things to occupy your time, and that they are enjoyable! 

Burdar

Wonderful news.  Congratulations!  Enjoy it.  You deserve it.   :bigthumb:

Brads70

Wow , Great to hear some happy news for a change! Enjoy Wade you have earned it!  :woohoo:

xx88man

Enjoy your retirement...sounds to me like plenty of time to enjoy your E-body!
Keep yer foot in it

Bullitt-

Quote from: xx88man on April 16, 2018, 02:19:57 PM
Enjoy your retirement...sounds to me like plenty of time to enjoy your E-body!

That's part of The Plan Brother   :wrenching:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

71-440

Joe

Challenger in NC

Congratulations, it's good you can retire at a relatively young age.

HP_Cuda

Congrats! and remember retirement is another word for enjoying what you want to do.

:twothumbsup:

I'm thinking of retiring early and it looks possible/probable with each passing day.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

EDL94

:clapping: Good job getting out at a younger age. Most people work till they are to old and can not  enjoy their retirement. I still have about 7 years to go but 60 is a good age to do it. ENJOY!!

captcolour

Enjoy your retirement.  I turn 60 in July and hopefully won't be too far behind you.

J-Code Jeni

Great story! :woohoo: Congratulations on your retirement and for doing so young enough to be able to fully engage too!  :veryexcited:  :drinkingbud:

Also, I think it's fantastic you were able to work with your parents, not many people get to do that and I have to believe there were more good days than bad. Sorry to hear your Dad passed recently, perhaps that makes your time working together even more special now.

dodj

Congrats Wade!
Hope you have a long, happy, and rewarding retirement!  :cheers:

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Bullitt-

Quote from: EDL94 on April 16, 2018, 04:15:41 PM
:clapping: Good job getting out at a younger age. Most people work till they are to old and can not  enjoy their retirement. I still have about 7 years to go but 60 is a good age to do it. ENJOY!!

You hit one of the nails on the head... I watched my parents as they aged and eventually the business was the only thing in their life as everything else went by the wayside.  There was a time they traveled and were very active in the community.   Dad had become less involved in day to day operations even before he hit 60 but Mom couldn't let go of the strings till the very end.  Even 6 years later she wants to talk shop way to much IMO....
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

RUNCHARGER

I hope you transition okay. I had 30 years of intensity in the Railroad and ended that at 49. I knew it would take it's toll on my health and was happy to leave. Then I drove truck and ended up running a storage business for 6 years which I thought was pretty mellow. I retired for 2 years but got a bit bored and went back to work 10 months ago but maybe that was because my wife was working still. I think I may quit working in a short while again but maybe I'll volunteer so I can keep myself busy when I feel like it. I've talked to a few people that volunteer though and they say it can be a hassle as well, it all starts out well then you start getting pressured to put more time in than you want. I guess I have a love/hate relationship with people. I get bored when not dealing with people but want to kill some of them when I am dealing with them.
Sheldon

jimynick

Congratulations on retiring at 60, Wade! I'm just jealous, since I was 64+ before I got to tell them to "take this job and shove it!" I'm sure that between the "honey do" list and the car, that you'll stay out of trouble.  ;)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"