Main Menu

***This Is the First Day of the Rest of My Life***

Started by Bullitt-, April 16, 2018, 09:28:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

Congratulations Wade! That was a great story, enjoy your retirement to the fullest. By all means keep yourself busy with projects you've been wanting to get to. Worst thing you can do is become sedentary it sneaks up on you when you don't know it. After 4 years in the Navy, I stayed with the Federal Govt. for another 41 years, finally retired in 2015. I turned 70 last Dec and keep the thought of OLD out of the equation. Revel in your retirement.     Thanks,   Al

Chryco Psycho

Congrats Wade
Keep busy doing what you want to now !!

1ownr

Congratulations Wade! Time to teach your granddaughter about Mopars.

Judy & Charlie

mopar thunder

Congrats!  :ohyeah: I hope you enjoy every bit of retirement. My career didn't go as planned with 2 lay offs then I got into Federal employment so I have a bit to go before I can retire.

ZEN357

Congrats!!!  Hope you have a long and happy retirement!!!

Slotts

CONGRATULATIONS WADE!!! May you enjoy a long and healthy retirement! Good for you!  :clapping:

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

Dakota

Congrats on your retirement! As I have recently learned, as a retiree you will now have near complete control of your schedule (it's "near complete" because my wife still retains veto power on my plans).  It's a great gig - enjoy it. 

Bullitt-

Quote from: 1ownr on April 17, 2018, 03:56:09 AM
Congratulations Wade! Time to teach your granddaughter about Mopars.

Judy & Charlie

As a matter of fact we'll be working on this just next week. ... Combining beach trip with Battlesship Mopar show & a day at Destin FL where the kids recently relocated.   I see many beach trips in my future..   8)
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

JS29

blown motor

Congratulations Wade. I hope you don't go the same way as some of my car friends around here. They're retired and they're too darn busy to take their cars out!  :rofl:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Timbbuc2

Since you have ALL that time on your hands, you ever had any work done at R&R Speed shop in Huntsville?
Get in, I'll drive

Bullitt-

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on April 17, 2018, 01:28:41 PM
Since you have ALL that time on your hands, you ever had any work done at R&R Speed shop in Huntsville?

No sir, I know folks down through the years that have, I've been there several times...
They are suppose to be one of the better machine shops around & know Mopar well.
What kind of work are you looking to have done?
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Bullitt- on April 17, 2018, 04:28:01 PM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on April 17, 2018, 01:28:41 PM

No sir, I know folks down through the years that have, I've been there several times...
They are suppose to be one of the better machine shops around & know Mopar well.
What kind of work are you looking to have done?
The car I bought came with a new 383 built by them never been fired, I was checking to see if you had heard of them and  their reputation.
Get in, I'll drive

superdave

Congratulations!! :banana: And enjoy retirement for me as I have failed to live life in such a way that I should ever be able to retire. :bricks:

Quote from: superdave on April 18, 2018, 02:49:59 PM
Congratulations!! :banana: And enjoy retirement for me as I have failed to live life in such a way that I should ever be able to retire. :bricks:

Or like me lived as if we wouldnt live this long.
Just want to get where I dont have an alarm clock waking me for work.

Enjoy your retirement!