Main Menu

This was close one

Started by 70/6chall, August 31, 2024, 10:18:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

My nephew is a NASCAR truck racer #65 .He races at Tucson Speedway in Arizona he has been racing for quite a few years now. But not even experience can keep the mishaps at bay. The last race he was in just a few days ago he put the truck, with the help of another racer, up against the wall. I thought for sure I had lost a nephew, but after he climbed out of the trucks driver side window and stood up raising both arms in the air to show he was Ok. We took a sigh of relief. The pics I'm posting show the truck as it went up against th wall, the other pictures show the truck before it went back into the garage and then ready for the next race a few hours later.

Brads70

Glad everything was ok. I've seen quite a few wrecks in my 25 years of service to stock car racing. Luckily nothing real bad as far as injuries go. Most of the time it looks far worse than it actually is. Bodywork and "bolt ons" are just there because the rules say so, and is a "consumable" in racing.   Drivers door is always concerning though, fire is the worst concern. I have pulled a driver out of a burning wreck before, not fun. I have new eyebrows and hair on my arms to show for it ., LOL
This is why it never bothered me getting screamed at because I wouldn't let race cars on the track due to safety concerns not passing tech.( I was a tech inspector) I always told them I'd rather get screamed at now and called every name in the book , instead of going to a funeral next week.

70/6chall

A couple more pics of my nephew and his truck. Ready now for another race.

7E-Bodies

Big relief indeed. Glad all is well.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green