Started by torredcuda, December 04, 2021, 04:10:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

njsteve

Quote from: worthywads on January 16, 2022, 07:54:51 AM
Quote from: Timmy C on January 16, 2022, 02:52:05 AM
Quote from: worthywads on January 15, 2022, 07:35:40 AM
Back to 100% opinion.
So no answers?

Side note, My brother and his wife were vacationing in Belize and he got covid.  She returned but he is quarantining for 5 days right now then get tested again.

My Wife got covid testing positive Christmas day, seems she and I both got a cold as well.  I have not tested positive this whole time, she finally got rid of the cold symptoms but with both boosted neither had bad symptoms.

My mom 87 years old also got covid a few days after Christmas and had very mild symptoms, boosted too.

My opinion is she and my wife 62 years old might be dead if not for vaccine, my wife has compromised lungs, pulmonary fibrosis IPF.

Glad to hear they are doing OK, Worthywads.

Same situation here - me and the boy got the cooties earlier this month. (we are all vaxxed plus boosted) and it lasted all of 36 hours and was really mild. The biggest issue we had was nothing good to watch on TV.

People don't seem to realize that the vax is not for preventing you from getting covid - it prevents you from getting dead from covid. It gives your immune system an early look at a potential enemy comings its way. It's like watching your opponent's game footage before you meet them on the field. If you know all their tricks and fancy moves beforehand, you are in a much better position to win the game.

torredcuda

Quote from: anlauto on January 16, 2022, 06:50:32 AM
One thing I can't wrap my head around and would like to ask out Government about....The NEW rules for transport truck drivers...

In Canada If a vaccinated transport driver leaves Toronto ON and drives to Buffalo NY to pick up a load, he can return to Toronto, drop off his load, then go for the next load

In Canada If a UNvaccinated transport driver leaves Toronto ON and drives to Buffalo NY to pick up a load, he can return to Toronto, drop off his load, then he MUST go into self-isolation for 14 days before being able to do his next load.

If that same UNvaccinated leaves Toronto ON and drives to Kitchener ON to pick up a load, he can return to Toronto, drop off his load and go for the next load all day long....

What the heck does the border have anything to do with it ??? Is still an UNvaccinated person going from one place to another   :crazytalk:

Makes even less sense when you know that the vaccinated can stil get AND transmit the virus.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on January 16, 2022, 07:48:47 AM

Yet the restrictions in Canada are more authoritarian/restrictive than in USA or UK. So....Do so called 'health restrictions' work?
:dunno:

You got to love watching recent NBA Raptor's games....Here in Toronto they are allowing ZERO fans in the building, only a 100 or so family members to watch....then this week they are on the road, last night in Milwaukee playing in front of a FULL HOUSE  :foul: :notsure:

Oh well :dunno:  I do feel a little bit sorry for ALL those BUCKS fans having to watch them give up a 15 point lead to lose the the Raptors by 10 points  :))
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Timmy C

Back to 100% opinion.
So no answers?

Is that a question?  I can give you a long list of things Trump did and didn't do that Biden certainly would and wouldn't have done.

Side note, My brother and his wife were vacationing in Belize and he got covid.  She returned but he is quarantining for 5 days right now then get tested again.

My Wife got covid testing positive Christmas day, seems she and I both got a cold as well.  I have not tested positive this whole time, she finally got rid of the cold symptoms but with both boosted neither had bad symptoms.

My mom 87 years old also got covid a few days after Christmas and had very mild symptoms, boosted too.

My opinion is she and my wife 62 years old might be dead if not for vaccine, my wife has compromised lungs, pulmonary fibrosis IPF.
I have asked several questions to you that you haven't answered.

torredcuda

Quote from: anlauto on January 16, 2022, 09:44:40 AM
Quote from: dodj on January 16, 2022, 07:48:47 AM

Yet the restrictions in Canada are more authoritarian/restrictive than in USA or UK. So....Do so called 'health restrictions' work?
:dunno:

You got to love watching recent NBA Raptor's games....Here in Toronto they are allowing ZERO fans in the building, only a 100 or so family members to watch....then this week they are on the road, last night in Milwaukee playing in front of a FULL HOUSE  :foul: :notsure:

Oh well :dunno:  I do feel a little bit sorry for ALL those BUCKS fans having to watch them give up a 15 point lead to lose the the Raptors by 10 points  :))

I haven`t watched any NBA in a few years but are they still not wearing masks, breathing and sweating all over each other when the floor playing and then masking up while on the bench?   :rofl:

anlauto

Quote from: torredcuda on January 16, 2022, 11:34:27 AM

I haven`t watched any NBA in a few years but are they still not wearing masks, breathing and sweating all over each other when the floor playing and then masking up while on the bench?   :rofl:

Active players not so much, but  the coaching staff all wear masks for the most part :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Quote from: Timmy C on January 16, 2022, 10:11:49 AM

We don't talk politics on this website so possibly that's why you're not finding the answers you want ? I'm just assuming because I'm not sure what your questions were  :dunno:

worthywads

Back to 100% opinion.
So no answers?

Is that a question?  I can give you a long list of things Trump did and didn't do that Biden certainly would and wouldn't have done.

Examples....

Why won't that same commission release the other 14,000 hours of video from that day, or answer why they turned down having extra law enforcement on site like what was requested?

You got proof for this, video of a cop shaking a protesters hand doesn't nullify the cops being attacked.

Timmy C

Quote from: anlauto on January 16, 2022, 11:55:14 AM

We don't talk politics on this website so possibly that's why you're not finding the answers you want ? I'm just assuming because I'm not sure what your questions were  :dunno:
Maybe He shouldn't bring up political stuff all the time.  You can go back through and read what has been posted.  A lot of whining about someone that is not in office anymore.

cuda hunter

agree.  Can't talk politics here.

Only about covid.  That is non political. 
Not really, but, whatever.  To say covid is non political at this point is like saying the black sky at night is white.

I'm heading to Texas in a few days.  I know well over 12 business owners here in Colorado that are moving their business's down to Texas. The "covid crisis" that is bringing Californian's in droves to Colorado is making the land value go waaaay up and the labor pool all but disappear.  This state is getting screwed royally.  Basically boulder, denver and golden counties in Denver control every form of legislation in the state.  That doesn't match the rural people all over this state.   the covid mandates have really hurt this state.  I can't imagine what states like new york and pennsylvania are going through.  I hunt in a county that is huge but only has one restaurant.  They were closed during the first part of the plandemic due to mandates here.  They reopened regardless in order to keep their doors from being totally closed.  Small business is dying in this state all in the name of covid. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

Quote from: Timmy C on January 17, 2022, 02:19:23 AM
Quote from: anlauto on January 16, 2022, 11:55:14 AM

Maybe He shouldn't bring up political stuff all the time.  You can go back through and read what has been posted.  A lot of whining about someone that is not in office anymore.

Have let this thread continue but  . . . politics will not be tolerated.  Lets try to stay on the topic of MOPARS!   :yes:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

@Timmy C
It's very difficult to fight TDS online.  Doesn't work well since the techie's are in control.
The only way to combat TDS is to go to the poles and vote in November. 
Hold onto your hat until November as it is not a lame duck administration yet. 
Since they are so concerned about in fighting they aren't EOing many things at the moment, but don't you worry, when you wake up there will be some other stupid thing that gets pushed illegally and unconstitutionally. 

If you would like to talk about these things without worry of censorship, there are a few places.
https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/forums/news-and-politics.80/
All car guys.  There are a few libs there that love to stir the pot.  Try it out, you might enjoy. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

torredcuda

No surprise they are now talking yearly covid shots and combining it with the flu and other viruses in the future.

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-19-moderna-ceo-hopeful-204110139.html

STÉPHANE BANCEL: We need to be ready for whatever evolution gives us. We should get the omicron-specific booster in the clinic in the coming weeks. But we also have an alpha and a beta delta booster in the clinic, and we're also going to look at combinations through combining with COVID one single dose a year. You get your COVID booster adapted to the variants every year. You get your flu booster adapted to also the strain of flu of that year, and then we will keep adding components.

There are around 10 viruses that cause hospitalization because of infecting people in their respiratory system. You know, in 2022, people should not be dying of respiratory viruses. The technology exists. We believe the world deserves single annual shots that protects you against those 10 viruses, and Moderna will not stop until we have that broad protection for people all around the world.

Timmy C

Quote from: cuda hunter on January 17, 2022, 07:59:59 AM
@Timmy C
It's very difficult to fight TDS online.  Doesn't work well since the techie's are in control.
The only way to combat TDS is to go to the poles and vote in November. 
Hold onto your hat until November as it is not a lame duck administration yet. 
Since they are so concerned about in fighting they aren't EOing many things at the moment, but don't you worry, when you wake up there will be some other stupid thing that gets pushed illegally and unconstitutionally. 

If you would like to talk about these things without worry of censorship, there are a few places.
https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/forums/news-and-politics.80/
All car guys.  There are a few libs there that love to stir the pot.  Try it out, you might enjoy.
I know.  I typically don't engage, but it was just getting stupid.  I hardly post on any site that I'm on.  Out of the six forums that I am a member of I don't think I have 200 posts total.  I enjoy following peoples restoration projects and seeing the creativity that people have.  Life has totally stalled my project.  Hopefully I will be able to get going on it again soon.

torredcuda

It`s pretty tough to talk about the "pandemic" without talking politics, I think most of us on this thread have crisscrossed the line a bit but kept it civil. Hopefully the end is in sight but we`ve all heard that before so we`ll see.