Main Menu

Turkey and Covid?

Started by torredcuda, December 04, 2021, 04:10:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HP_Cuda

Has anyone seen the data which is showing that for every single death of fully vaccinated and boosted patient there are 14 non-vaccinated deaths?

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211124/unvaccinated-14-times-more-likely-to-die-from-covid

One thing I think we can all agree on is that everyone is sick of this pandemic and at some point God willing it will end.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Talking about shortages, I have an account with Fine Lines Inc and was talking with them on the phone today....They are out of 3/16 steel brake line tube and not sure when they will have it back in stock... :o can you imagine that....They can make the lines in stainless, but as for their OM lines, unless they have one on the shelf....you are SOL and there is not an ETA on them  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

torredcuda

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 20, 2022, 11:04:03 AM

Has anyone seen the data which is showing that for every single death of fully vaccinated and boosted patient there are 14 non-vaccinated deaths?

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211124/unvaccinated-14-times-more-likely-to-die-from-covid

One thing I think we can all agree on is that everyone is sick of this pandemic and at some point God willing it will end.

Walensky said 14 times more likely but are there actual stats to back up that statement? You also have to take into consideration why those people were not vaccinated - health reasons prevent it, already terminally ill, in hospice etc.. As we have discussed stats/data is easily manipulated to get the result you are looking for.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

dodj

I'm definitely amateurish at trying to decipher statistics, to try to understand how the number were collected, how the are represented etc...
But I try to look at general trends/graphs.
If you look at South Africa's covid graphs, omicron showed up, ramped up fast and peaked, then dropped steadily. Same thing you see elsewhere. They only have a 27% vax rate. We (Canada) have well over 80% vaxxed, but the graphs seem to be mimicking each other....we'll see for sure in another month or so.
I know these are cases and not death rates, but SA was reporting it as not as deadly as previous variants..... :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

worthywads

Not sure why I bother with this thread but here is the latest from the CDC.

Unvaccinated adults age 65 and older who are infected with COVID-19 are 49 times more likely to be hospitalized than those in the same age group who are vaccinated and boosted.

EDITED by Cuda Cody.  Removed some language without changing the meaning of the users post.

torredcuda

Quote from: worthywads on January 21, 2022, 05:43:42 PM

Unvaccinated adults age 65 and older who are infected with COVID-19 are 49 times more likely to be hospitalized than those in the same age group who are vaccinated and boosted.

No need to get nasty about it. Scroll down to Figure 1 and see a big spike in unvaccinated deaths back in Jan-Fen 21 but dropping almost to vaccinated levels since then.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsinvolvingcovid19byvaccinationstatusengland/deathsoccurringbetween1januaryand31october2021
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

worthywads

Quote from: torredcuda on January 22, 2022, 04:29:29 AM

No need to get nasty about it.

Just repeating what I've heard.   :dunno:

I'm not sure if you are reading that graph correctly, it doesn't seem to relate to the main point made on that site which is.....

Over the whole period (1 January to 31 October 2021), the age-adjusted risk of deaths involving COVID-19 was 96% lower in people who had received a second dose at least 21 days ago compared with unvaccinated people.

Timmy C

Quote from: worthywads on January 22, 2022, 11:24:11 AM
Quote from: dodj on January 22, 2022, 08:24:13 AM
the CDC, I know most corrupt evil organization full of lying communists who fuck babies.
You are spreading misinformation...they eat babies..... :pokeeye:

They eat them after they have sex with them in the basement of the pizza place.  Their blood is harvested for adrenachrome. Again, just what my Q friend told me.
Give it a rest, clown.

worthywads

Deaths 20 times more for unvaccinated vs vaccinated, who are the clowns?

Skid Row

:Stirring: The "Clowns" are the ones with the BS stats!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

worthywads

Quote from: Skid Row on January 23, 2022, 03:22:51 PM
:Stirring: The "Clowns" are the ones with the BS stats!

What are the "BS stats"?

dodj

Well, whatever stats you believe in, I'm glad to see more and more news articles around the world on eliminating lockdowns as a 'tool', and treating covid as an endemic issue.

Then maybe we can see if laws that allow gov'ts to lockdown the population like the last 2+ years should be revisited. I for one am not happy with the apparent ease I can be told to more or less stay home.

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Spikedog08

Alright guys . . let's play nicely here!     :grouphug:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Please try to keep it somewhat civilized.  It seemed reasonable to leave 1 post with the quote that has all original posts in question since I do not want to be the one that decides what everyone says, posts or believes.  So if anyone "has to know" what was removed, look back at the single quote with everything in it.  The rest were removed in an effort to keep the site clean and on topic of sharing our hobby with other like minded cool people.

And look I get it, you want to share more than your passion about cars.  You feel strongly about how things have been done and what needs to be done to move forward.  And I'm just the a-hole who edited the posts.  Chances are someone out there right now is 100% right.  But I'm not smart enough to know who that person is.