Main Menu

Weather Warning

Started by 71GranCoupe, March 30, 2017, 03:26:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

Las Vegas is experiencing extreme winds and the estimated peak wind speed is currently listed between 60-70 MPH. I have been in the area for going on six years and from past wind storms as this one is, it is usually a precursor of some extreme wind/tornado storms in the Central part of the country. Is has just started and increasing exponentially. Hopefully it will die down before the front hits the other side of the mountains, as it has already created some power outages here.

Hopefully everyone down wind from here avoids the possible brunt of the winds.

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

That's some big guests.   :o  Hope it doesn't turn in to something worse.

71GranCoupe

The main wind storm has moved past, with nothing major for damage here. It did blow some trees down, knocked over 4 full size 18 wheelers and many without power. Highest wind speed was recorded at 84 MPH. This one moved through fast, although it is still breezy.

Last time it was like this, was 2013 when  a day or two later Moore Oklahoma was devastated.  :andyangel:

HP_Cuda

Had a coworker just tell me that he was planning to do some skiing in Tahoe. Unfortunately he is headed back today since the lifts are closed because there are 50-70mph winds.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200