Main Menu

Well, I did it yesterday

Started by Plumcrazzy, October 24, 2019, 05:45:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Plumcrazzy

Happen to see the advertisement for "Dodge Days"--The one that is offering a rebate of $10.00/per horsepower. Checked with several local Dodge dealers to get the straight skinny--finally found one with the right answers. So, I ordered a new Challenger Hellcat this past Tuesday. The VIN # arrived this evening via email so the process is underway. Kind of excited. The day I placed the order there were two factory reps on site--got to meet/talk with them and they told me as soon as the dealership sent them the VIN they would Red Tag the build which will Fast Track the process. Kind of building a "sleeper". No stripes. No sun roof. No rear spoiler. Color will be Octane Red with the Brass Monkey wheels. If interested, go to Dodge.com and go to the build a Hellcat to see the colors/available. I will be trading in my 2017 Sublime Scat Pack SHAKER.

GoodysGotaCuda

Nice! That should be fun!

I'd really like to get my hands on one of those engines to swap my 5.7L for.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Katfish

Nice! So that's almost a $8k rebate?

Cuda Cody

Congratulations!!  That's super exciting.   :banana:

RUNCHARGER

Nice: I wouldn't order that other junk either, less weight and less cop bait the better.
Sheldon

71-440

Joe

J-Code Jeni

Congratulations! Now, you'll have just what you want!! It's really cool you were able to talk with factory rep's as well!

:drinkingbud:

7E-Bodies

Post pics/videos when she arrives!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

7212Mopar

Good choice. I think the Hellcat is probably the best $ to performance over the Redeye.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

js27

Awesome-- be careful and keep all 4 wheels on the ground.
JS27

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

Cool....The green shaker car ain't all that bad either  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Plumcrazzy

Yes, I really like my Six-Pack SHAKER but I guess I have the fever. I sold my '70 440 Six-Pack, 4-speed, R/T to a private buyer nearly two years ago. Bought the '17 SHAKER with some of the money ($40,000.00 out the door). Bought the wife a 2019 SUV that she wanted with some of the money and put $14,000.00 in the bank. The 2019 Hellcat was a sudden urge when I saw the rebate/incentive they were offering--$10.00/horse power. On a Hellcat that equates to $7,070.00---not as much as a Redeye version but I couldn't see the extra money for the Redeye version for only 90 more HP. When I went to make the deal they offered me $2,000.00 more for my '17 than high book (low miles). Knocked $2,000.00 more off the sticker price and when I debated on the style wheels I wanted they said they would fit the Hellcat with the Brass Monkey wheels for no extra charge (I think that was nearly $1,100.00). I don't think I can complain too much.

Plumcrazzy

Build started last Friday--they say 3 to 4 weeks.  :veryexcited: :veryexcited: