Main Menu

Well, that was interesting…Covid comes to visit

Started by 7E-Bodies, October 22, 2021, 09:47:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

IRON MAN

Quote from: DrEamer on October 24, 2021, 12:27:40 PM
I have to agree with some of the posters that say the effect of this stuff is so random. I had it a couple moths ago with no fever, but a 3 days of chills, then  just really fatigued for about a week. I lost about 7 pounds for some reason, and had a couple days where I could tell my lungs felt a little labored, but nothing serious. I am not vaccinated, but in general seem to have a very strong immune system.

DrEamer. Every word you stated is exactly what I went through on Aug 23-Sept 3. I went to VA Out Patient Clinic in Martinez, Ca. The doctor took an xray and blood sample. Thirty minutes later he said I had pneumonia. The first day coughed up bloody mucous ( took pictures for the hosp..see photo). no fever, fatigued for ten days, and I had lost seven pounds too. Chest/lungs felt tight. I am not vaccinated because I've reacted to vaccines in the past where I blacked out. Anyway the VA sent me to John Muir Hosp in Concord. Same outcome, except I was given a RX for antibiotics (Levofloxacin). John Muir also said I have pneumonia. Went home and got over it. The doctors never said i had the covid virus. To this day, I think I did have covid.

Skdmark

FWIW
My wife and I were both vaccinated. Our second shot was end of May.

At the end of June I came down with a "cold" which included  a low grade fever, chills and extreme fatigue.
The top of my scalp became extremely sensitive too. I was in bed for 3 days and recovered in about 7 days from onset. Never got tested, but assume it was Covid based on the symptoms of extreme fatigue and sensitive scalp.

Around Halloween my wife started getting sick and about a day later I started to get sick too. She tested positive and was immediately recommended for the monoclonal antibody treatment (which she got 3 days later). 24 hours after she was tested, I tested positive. My wife was worse off with fatigue and shortness of breath. For me it felt like a bad case of bronchitis. We slowly got better, but still have some minor after effects. Our Doctor advised us to watch for any unusual leg pain. It could be a sign of blood clots forming.

Like many, I too know people who have had little to no effect and others who have died. I count us lucky that my wife, our kids and I have weathered it fairly unscathed.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

dodj

Wow! @Mickm
Glad you made it through! Sounds awfully scary.
I too have been vaccinated. Done as soon as I was eligible.
Hope your further recovery is speedy.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill