Main Menu

Wichita Falls Texas

Started by Sleepychallenger, June 17, 2017, 06:11:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Sleepychallenger

Next month I'll be heading to this little town of paradise called Wichita Falls :'( and will be there until October. Do we have any members out there that need a car show buddy.

Bullitt-

:wave:  Good to see ya around Drew   :woohoo:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Sleepychallenger

Quote from: Bullitt- on June 17, 2017, 06:47:27 AM
:wave:  Good to see ya around Drew   :woohoo:

Good to see you here. Wish I had more free time when I was in Montgomery. Had planned on trying to make it up your way buy with my engine giving out I was stuck on base

Spikedog08

I lived there for a bit when I was just out of high school . . . not much there . . .  :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Do you get to take your Challenger with you?

GoodysGotaCuda

Have fun, you're not alllll that far from me in Wichita Falls. I'm roughly in Denton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Sleepychallenger

Nope. She will stay home. I wanted to drive her out there but the new build won't be done yet.
Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 17, 2017, 08:39:50 AM
Do you get to take your Challenger with you?

Sleepychallenger

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on June 17, 2017, 09:19:41 AM
Have fun, you're not alllll that far from me in Wichita Falls. I'm roughly in Denton.

If there is something going on that way on may have to make the trip and we can meet up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Wild R/T

Hate to say it but you should pick up some kind of cheap fuel efficient beater to get you away from the base... Life in the Military will get you away from home but it'll only get you to a military base, it's on you to make the most of your opportunity..... I knew lots of guys who stayed on base & partied, I did it some myself but it was always allot more enjoyable to get out & see the sights... 40 years later any regrets are having not taken even more advantage of getting out & enjoying the locations I got to experience.... 

Sleepychallenger

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 17, 2017, 12:05:04 PM
Hate to say it but you should pick up some kind of cheap fuel efficient beater to get you away from the base... Life in the Military will get you away from home but it'll only get you to a military base, it's on you to make the most of your opportunity..... I knew lots of guys who stayed on base & partied, I did it some myself but it was always allot more enjoyable to get out & see the sights... 40 years later any regrets are having not taken even more advantage of getting out & enjoying the locations I got to experience....
always try to make the best of it. I lived in Wichita falls when I was a kid and this time will only be there TDY for 3 months. Here in Florida I'm doing my best to get out and about...when I have time

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Sleepychallenger on June 17, 2017, 02:33:41 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 17, 2017, 12:05:04 PM
always try to make the best of it. I lived in Wichita falls when I was a kid and this time will only be there TDY for 3 months. Here in Florida I'm doing my best to get out and about...when I have time

Cool... Thanks for your service, I'm sure you know it can be a great experience or it can be hell... Some duty stations are better than others, Wichita Falls isn't great but it's not the sand box either... 
Or you could get sent somewhere like I was sent TDY in 78... Eniwetok... Small Atoll in the South Pacific... Sounds like paradise & it was... Until starting in 1948 the US ran a series of 43 nuclear tests leaving the islands a radioactive hot spot... We were there as part of a clean up operation.... It failed.. And of course theres the issue of more servicemen exposed to radioactive materials...  The guys running heavy equipment likely suffered the highest exposure but all of us got some....

Sleepychallenger

Most definitely could be worse. Been to some worse. Just hoping I can find members of this great group to hang out with while I'm there

Sleepychallenger

And also, thank you for your service. I couldn't serve now if you didn't serve then