Main Menu

Deadline to 2024. The 73 Cuda will be done.

Started by Swamp Donkey, December 19, 2017, 08:51:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: gzig5 on July 18, 2022, 02:38:25 PM
Quote from: Swamp Donkey on May 27, 2022, 04:45:43 PM
Drilled and tapped and have some bolts cut off to be tack welded in permanently for the E-Stopp.  I'll have to remember to put my torsion bar in first! Stuck to the USCartools subframe connector.
I've never seen an electric e-brake like that.  Besides not having the cable coming from the front is there any other significant advantage?  I assume you just have a switch on the dash or console?
I put one in my car as well. Didn't like the 'clothes line' of a stock ebody ebrake cable. I used Lokar cables from brakes to actuator. Much neater look than stock. I put the button to operate it in the cigarette lighter spot. I don't smoke and I won't let anybody else smoke in my car so I figured it was a pretty good spot. Fit perfectly without having to open up the hole or anything.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Katfish

Checked initial date, and glanced through posts, is the 7 year plan still on-track to finish 2024?

Swamp Donkey

1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

Some sound deadening material in.  2 boxes of Kilmat that in total covers 72 square feet.   36 per box.  Just ordered another box and a half for the doors, roof and trunk.  Mounting battery in trunk and driving myself insane measuring for max rear tire width! 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

dodj

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on February 08, 2023, 09:16:36 PM
Mounting battery in trunk and driving myself insane measuring for max rear tire width!
I have 315 Nitto NT05's in my stock wheel wells but using an offset spring hanger setup from DrDiff.
Don't think you can get anymore without surgery.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Swamp Donkey

Yeah.  I'm planning on an 11" rim and 305 tires.  I should be good I think.  Because I had my inner fenders trimmed a bit while bodywork was being done.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

gzig5

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on February 09, 2023, 06:01:38 AM
Yeah.  I'm planning on an 11" rim and 305 tires.  I should be good I think.  Because I had my inner fenders trimmed a bit while bodywork was being done.
Have you shown that inner fender work, or could you provide a little detail as to where you concentrated effort?  I'm going for similar tire size target, and was under the impression that the inner fender well area was sufficient, but that I'd likely need to roll the fender lip.  Is that where your trimming was or did you create space elsewhere?

Swamp Donkey

@gzig5 here are some pictures of when I made my tire measurement gimmick.  My fenders were not "rolled" but I just had them trimmed by about 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Wayne

Thought this build looked familiar...from I/G   :bigthumb:
I just installed some sound deadener as well. 
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

Swamp Donkey

Quote from: Wayne on February 17, 2023, 04:59:49 PM
Thought this build looked familiar...from I/G   :bigthumb:
I just installed some sound deadener as well.

Swamp donkey here Dadmod over there!  Haha  :haha:
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Katfish

Keep chugging, I just got my car running after 15 months of project (engine & transmission swap).
No where near as nice as your project, but that first drive made it all worth it.

Swamp Donkey

Motor break-in on the dyno.  615.9 HP with a carburetor.  Another 30-50 HP is there if I would have been able to run my fuel injection system.  Needed a 3 bar MAP sensor, a different O2 sensor and I didn't have two capacitors.  Anyway I'm pleased with the results so far.  I have a D1SC procharger ready to go for a little more zip! 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Katfish

Swamp Donkey

Quote from: Katfish on March 18, 2024, 04:43:51 PMNice, what's the new ETA for completion?

I'm not too sure.  I legitimately have just about every single part to finish the car.  I just have to get crackin and get it done.  Might be next summer realistically.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel