Main Menu

Deadline to 2024. The 73 Cuda will be done.

Started by Swamp Donkey, December 19, 2017, 08:51:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Swamp Donkey

Here are a few pictures of the temporary paint booth I made.  Worked pretty good actually. Haha.  Bunch of furnace filters at one end, and a 42 inch fan blowing out the fumes through 3 dog tunnel tube gimmick things.  I realize that most of my car documentation is all video.  So this gives an idea of what I'm up to.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

YellowThumper

Nice for the paint!
Cool for the "gimmick" paint booth setup
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Swamp Donkey

Car is finally off the rotisserie and on some hot wheels. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

gzig5

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on May 27, 2022, 04:45:43 PM
Drilled and tapped and have some bolts cut off to be tack welded in permanently for the E-Stopp.  I'll have to remember to put my torsion bar in first! Stuck to the USCartools subframe connector.
I've never seen an electric e-brake like that.  Besides not having the cable coming from the front is there any other significant advantage?  I assume you just have a switch on the dash or console?

Swamp Donkey

Probably a disadvantage.  Haha.  I just saw it on one of Alan G's builds and thought it was cool. Haha. And yeah, it will be just a push button e-brake. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Quote from: gzig5 on July 18, 2022, 02:38:25 PM
Quote from: Swamp Donkey on May 27, 2022, 04:45:43 PM
Drilled and tapped and have some bolts cut off to be tack welded in permanently for the E-Stopp.  I'll have to remember to put my torsion bar in first! Stuck to the USCartools subframe connector.
I've never seen an electric e-brake like that.  Besides not having the cable coming from the front is there any other significant advantage?  I assume you just have a switch on the dash or console?

They advertise the "E-Stopp as also being a theft deterrent, but now that I have one, and have been using it....it's neat. the the 30 seconds or so for it to engage is a little bit of a nuisance :dunno: 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Swamp Donkey

Made a temporary door for some glass bead blasting on my bumpers.  Trying to rough up the chrome so paint will stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

Some of the things I've been glass bead blasting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

Inside of fenders are base coated and clear coated. Also under the hood, front and rear valances and also inside door jams.  Getting close to final assembly for final paint.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

Also got rid of my rear bumperettes or bumper guards for the 73 model year.  Bought some bumper guards at a swap meet for 20 bucks.  Spent like a day or so modifying the rear bumper brackets to bring the bumper in about an 1 3/4" x 3/4".   I'm no chip foose, but I was really pumped with the way it turned out. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

I'm really happy with my rear bumper. There are More adjustments available for my rear bumper. Don't want to fully commit until I see it with the rear valance on.   It's still not completely done.  I'm going to weld up the holes where the jack would go.  Delete the carriage bolts to have a perfectly smooth bumper.  Quite a bit of farting around, but it looks good so far IMHO
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

I don't take my pictures sideways.  Don't know why they almost always go sideways on this site.  Haha. Anyway, front fenders and door gaps are being set up.  They are looking great! Door in the picture is about 1/8 high to compensate for when glass and all other door hardware is in.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

YellowThumper

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on August 07, 2022, 08:22:30 PM
I'm really happy with my rear bumper. There are More adjustments available for my rear bumper. Don't want to fully commit until I see it with the rear valance on.   It's still not completely done.  I'm going to weld up the holes where the jack would go.  Delete the carriage bolts to have a perfectly smooth bumper.  Quite a bit of farting around, but it looks good so far IMHO

Pulling bumpers back in is one of the best mods for these later years. Soooo much cleaner looking.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Swamp Donkey

Hood, front and rear valances are on.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

My car is now painted and ready for assembly.   :bradsthumb:
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.