Main Menu

Undercoating a Convertible Challenger

Started by Convertcuda, November 18, 2018, 05:30:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Convertcuda

If anyone could me out it would be great. I need to undercoat a Challenger Convertible like the factory did. I'm looking for reference pictures of how the factory did it. I know they made templates of the keys areas that did not get undercoated.  I need help with pictures showing these key areas and other reference pics that would get me close for the bottom of the car. I don't need pics of rear wheels tubes or front wheels areas. Interested in the bottom of the car. Someone removed the undercoating before I got the car.

Thanks for any help Ken

Cuda Cody

:twothumbsup:

Cuda Cody

Sometimes it was hard to tell where the 40+ years of dirt stopped and the under coating started.  But it was a solid car besides the trunk and it had a lot of undercoating to scrap off.

Convertcuda

Thanks Cody, those help. I see rear bumper cushion got undercoated over. I was wondering about cross member brace and leaf springs mounting. I think they would not undercoat first and put parts over it. Also, I believe the machine that supported car would have no trace of undercoated that area also. I'm hoping more pics show up so I can try make accurate temp plates.

Thanks Ken

anlauto

There's a difference between a car that got ''undercoat'' in just the wheel wells and a car that got ''factory undercoat'' J55.
Which are you asking about?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Convertcuda

Hi Alan,

J55. Thanks for any advice and pics.

Ken