Main Menu

1970 Challenger RT Seat Belt Retainer Clips

Started by kent_goins, December 02, 2018, 08:47:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

Glad you guys like them! It took me a while to make them. I modeled up the part from meaurements Bill sent me and pics he took. Had a part 3D printed by Adam at Denver 3d print Company and then he made the mold. We experimented with 4 or 5 different materials to get the correct properties... Strength, heat resistence, etc...

Making low run production parts aint cheap!!!! I am working on making the double clip now. Part is 3d printed and we are making the mold.

Thanks again.

Kent G.

benlavigne

Thanks to you too, @kent_goins...
I was going to try and 3D scan/print from originals, too, you saved me the trouble!

Ben

kent_goins

Your welcome....Cost for short runs is high. So you got a deal! By the way. How much did Bill charge for the two complete rear pieces?

KG

MKA

Does anyone know what the front deluxe clips look like for a Convertible with just the single lap belt?   I assume it's just the single clip similar to the rear with a different bracket connecting to the seat?

JH27N0B

My convertible has the 2 clip bracket on each front seat.  I haven't owned the car since day one, so I can't say for sure those clips are what were originally installed, but it was probably a case where it would be more trouble than it was worth for Chrysler to release a part specific to just a small number of convertibles that would have been built with the deluxe seat belt package.
Also, there was a front seat shoulder belt option for convertibles, and on the off the chance someone would order that with the deluxe seat belt package they'd need the second clip for that I would guess.
That front convertible shoulder belt option must be the rarest E body option, I've never personally seen a car with it.  There was a rear seat shoulder belt package available on hardtops, and I've only seen one car with that option before, so that option must be about as rare!

MKA

Thanks, I was thinking that was a distinct possibility

CudaNV

Quote from: JH27N0B on August 10, 2022, 11:29:18 AM
My convertible has the 2 clip bracket on each front seat.  I haven't owned the car since day one, so I can't say for sure those clips are what were originally installed, but it was probably a case where it would be more trouble than it was worth for Chrysler to release a part specific to just a small number of convertibles that would have been built with the deluxe seat belt package.
Also, there was a front seat shoulder belt option for convertibles, and on the off the chance someone would order that with the deluxe seat belt package they'd need the second clip for that I would guess.
That front convertible shoulder belt option must be the rarest E body option, I've never personally seen a car with it.  There was a rear seat shoulder belt package available on hardtops, and I've only seen one car with that option before, so that option must be about as rare!

I have a 1971 Cuda' convertible with the C13 front shoulder belt option (on the build sheet), but I am missing the long seat belts that  run from the back seat over the shoulder.  I have the short male side of the buckle for both front seats (2999589).  I am presuming the long belt with the female buckle would have the same part number.  I would certainly like complete the set(s), but most people have never heard or seen this option, when I ask.

anlauto

Quote from: CudaNV on September 14, 2022, 06:24:49 PM

I have a 1971 Cuda' convertible with the C13 front shoulder belt option (on the build sheet)

That has to be extremely rare, I've NEVER heard of such a thing on a convertible in 1971  :huh: How do they work ?
I've heard of rear shoulder belts in a hard top, but this is a first for me....Do you have any factory pictures that you could share of what it looks like ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaNV

Here is a picture of the male side of the shoulder belt.  Here is the technical sheet for the shoulder belts.  Note the part number on the male buckle matches the number on the technical sheet.  Pretty simple and basic....

anlauto

Would there be anything that would support the belt at the top of the seat ? It seems as if it would just slide down your arm until it's around your waist  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

CudaNV

Nope.  If you want a shoulder belt, you have to dig it out from the back seat and connect it with the separate buckle.  Here is another pic of two front seat belts in a E-body convertible in the Chrysler 1971 Parts Catalog...

anlauto

Still trying to figure how it would stay on your shoulder  :huh: