Main Menu

1970 Challenger RT Seat Belt Retainer Clips

Started by kent_goins, December 02, 2018, 08:47:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

Does anyone know if the 1970 Challenger RT's (Non-Console) had seat belt retainers for the buckles to snap onto mounted to the front of the back seat? Any retainers at all for that matter on front or back seats?   If so, where might i find these?

Regards,
KG

Cuda Cody

When you say "retainers" are you talking about a place to store the belts when not in use?

anlauto

ONLY a 70 Challenger with the C15 deluxe seat belt option had stowage clips for the front and rear seat belts. No other E Body had these, they are like hens teeth to find.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on December 02, 2018, 09:27:38 AM
ONLY a 70 Challenger with the C15 deluxe seat belt option had stowage clips for the front and rear seat belts. No other E Body had these, they are like hens teeth to find.

Thanks for the pic, @anlauto !
I have been looking for these, too.. Bill Edwards makes the metal part, but not the plastic one...
http://allmoparseatbelts.com/ebodybelts.asp#
I f I can get my hands on one, I'll see if I can get it scanned and 3-D printed

Ben

kent_goins

WOW!!! AWESOME!
You guys rock. This forum rocks! I always get great answers quickly with this site. Special thanks to Cody and Alan.  :bravo: :bradsthumb:

Yes Cody, this is for strorage clips as Alan has shown

KG

kent_goins

Alan:
Do you have a picture or pictures of the Front seat storage clip?

KG

anlauto

You have to understand that these stowage clips were ONLY available with the deluxe seat belts, and the buckles of the deluxe seat belts were TOTALY different then the standard buckles. :alan2cents:

I've NEVER seen a set of original front stowage clips, only the reproductions made by Bill Edwards...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

kent_goins

Alan:
I just got off the phone with Bill and we made a deal to finish making the rear buckle holders. I do the 3d modeling and he gets them injection molded. Just FYI... The picture you show of the fronts is the plate Bill had laser cut and a special (expensive) tool to rivet the plastic to the plate. The plastic is parts he bought over the years and had the metal plate cut. He has the metal parts made for the rear seat but has not had a chance to find the plastic part. He thinks he can locate an original plastic piece and have me 3 model it up with the correct texture for production.

Just some info to stick in your cap. :)

KG

anlauto

The rear metal parts have a unique "rib" down the center..... :alan2cents:

anlauto

The A & B Body ones are quite a bit different in size....

kent_goins

yes i saw those buckle holders on various sites but the plastic moulding is generic and is not correct for 70

KG

benlavigne

Quote from: kent_goins on December 02, 2018, 12:42:01 PM
Alan:
I just got off the phone with Bill and we made a deal to finish making the rear buckle holders. I do the 3d modeling and he gets them injection molded. Just FYI... The picture you show of the fronts is the plate Bill had laser cut and a special (expensive) tool to rivet the plastic to the plate. The plastic is parts he bought over the years and had the metal plate cut. He has the metal parts made for the rear seat but has not had a chance to find the plastic part. He thinks he can locate an original plastic piece and have me 3 model it up with the correct texture for production.

Just some info to stick in your cap. :)

KG
Wow, I'd really be interested in the rear ones if you do repop them!
As Alan said, the buckles arecompletely different from the standard ones, and from the 71-up, also.
Could be the same as on the SE, not sure.
Alan, I do have the original front ones.

Ben

anlauto

Quote from: benlavigne on December 02, 2018, 06:35:47 PM

Alan, I do have the original front ones.

Ben

As I said, I've never seen original front ones, only Bill's reproductions

benlavigne

Received the brand-new repro seat belt buckle holders from Bill Edwards, top-notch!
I only needed the rear ones, as I still haave the original front ones.
Weird that there are some built-in reinforced holes in the seat frame to attach them, such a low-volume option...
Set is now complete!
http://allmoparseatbelts.com/ebodybelts.asp#

Ben

anlauto