Main Menu

70 Challenger Seat Cover Installation

Started by kent_goins, June 19, 2017, 06:52:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Couple things I've seen guys do that seem to help, wrap your seat in a plastic garbage bag... It lets the seat cover slide over much easier & once the cover is on your can remove the trash bag by tearing it out......

You can soften the covers on cold days by throwing them in the dryer but don't get them to warm or they can shrink....

jimynick

Quote from: soundcontrol on June 20, 2017, 01:53:11 AM
Quote from: Shane Kelley on June 19, 2017, 02:02:04 PM
The biggest help you can get is the sun. Makes all the difference in the world. I like to lay the covers on a board in the sun so they get really soft. Then go in and start stretching them on. They have a lot more give when they are hot. Once I have them hog ringed on then it's back out to the sun they go. I let them get good and hot again. Then I can make minor adjustments to things like lining up the stitching and outer welting. Bring them back in and they tighten up real nice. You try putting them on cold and it can be really tough to get them to stretch enough without pulling the seams apart.

Whats the best way to heat them up if you don't have access to the sun at the moment? Heat gun, hair dryer?

Torch  :D
Seeing where you are, how about wrapping them around a nice, warm reindeer until they warm up? "On Dancer,..... :D
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

soundcontrol

Quote from: jimynick on June 20, 2017, 08:34:07 PM
Quote from: soundcontrol on June 20, 2017, 01:53:11 AM
Quote from: Shane Kelley on June 19, 2017, 02:02:04 PM
The biggest help you can get is the sun. Makes all the difference in the world. I like to lay the covers on a board in the sun so they get really soft. Then go in and start stretching them on. They have a lot more give when they are hot. Once I have them hog ringed on then it's back out to the sun they go. I let them get good and hot again. Then I can make minor adjustments to things like lining up the stitching and outer welting. Bring them back in and they tighten up real nice. You try putting them on cold and it can be really tough to get them to stretch enough without pulling the seams apart.

Whats the best way to heat them up if you don't have access to the sun at the moment? Heat gun, hair dryer?

Torch  :D
Seeing where you are, how about wrapping them around a nice, warm reindeer until they warm up? "On Dancer,..... :D

:haha: :haha: