Main Menu

70 Cuda door latch rods

Started by B5fourspeed, July 25, 2020, 04:43:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

B5fourspeed

Just got my door latches back from being restored.My doors were bare when I got the car.I attached the door handles,door locks and inside pulls.I need to know where each rod goes to on the door latch.Thanks

jt4406

Not sure you can use this, but....
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

Jay Bee

Here's some pictures I have.

B5fourspeed

B5fourspeed

The rods that go from the door handle to the latch are hard to find.The door lock rods are reproduced.

B5fourspeed

Where does the rod for the inside pull go on the latch?Thanks

Jay Bee

It's the one in my last picture. The second last pic shows both, the inside pull and the inside lock lever mechanism which I sold.

B5fourspeed

Which rod in the picture Is the door lock or door pull

Jay Bee

In IMG_3367a the top rod is the door pull and the bottom rod is the door lock mechanism.

IMG_3514 shows the correct position of the door pull rod retaining clip.

B5fourspeed

Claudia

Here are a few additional pictures that may be helpful . . .

Jay Bee

Quote from: B5fourspeed on July 28, 2020, 01:44:54 PM
Thank you for the help
You're welcome.
Here's one more showing the whole inner door pull (missing inner door lock mechanism). It's a higher resolution so you can download it and enlarge or zoom in on it.

John

B5fourspeed

What clip is used to secure the door pull rod to the latch.The hole on the latch for the in day inside door pull is a different size hole

Jay Bee

Quote from: B5fourspeed on July 29, 2020, 06:56:39 PM
What clip is used to secure the door pull rod to the latch.The hole on the latch for the in day inside door pull is a different size hole
It's in this thread. Reply #11 talks about the metal clip, Reply #13 shows the metal clip
https://forum.e-bodies.org/interior/6/door-handle-to-latch-lever/16697/

B5fourspeed

I wonder where I can get that clip at.Thank you for the picture.