Main Menu

71 Challenger Heater A/C Box Vacuum Line Question With Pictures

Started by Daveh, January 25, 2018, 08:15:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Nipples on those are too big. Somebody is likely to has a used fitting for you, they're pretty common...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

1 Wild R/T

Practically any vacuum fitting can be adapted to work, the A/C vacuum hose is very small around 1/8-5/32... The GM fitting linked has a couple 1/4" nipples & a 11/32 nipple....  All depends on how you want it to look... Do you have power brakes? If not I'd take a pipe plug, drill a 1/8" hole & press in a 1/8" tube...

Daveh

Yes I have power brakes.  I just want to do it right the first time.  Thanks

1 Wild R/T

Thing is these fittings were used on big blocks, small blocks & /6's... A,B,C & E bodies plus trucks & vans through the 60's & 70's so if you have any motors or just intakes laying around chances are you have the fitting

I guess on the other side $40 is the price of convenience....

Daveh

I agree I'm just not in an area where those are easily found and before I spend the $55.00 I was hoping someone here would have one.  Thanks

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Daveh on January 26, 2018, 02:59:46 PM
I agree I'm just not in an area where those are easily found and before I spend the $55.00 I was hoping someone here would have one.  Thanks

Buy this one, shipped for $25.... Put a vacuum cap on the extra nipple....

Daveh

Sounds perfect thanks.  But there is no link can you add it again?  Thanks

hemicap