ACC Carpet

Started by dave73, November 03, 2017, 07:54:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

Which one do you guys recommend? I see a few options at different price points:

- 80% raylon / 20% nylon
- 100% nylon

Both come with or without mass backing for sound/heat barrier

Was thinking the 100% nylon (essex super plush) with backing. It's the highest price so must be the best, right??

1 Wild R/T

If you want anything close to original don't use the Essex... But if you want super nice carpet then the Essex is perfect.... I've got Essex with the mass backing in my Falcon... Nice stuff.... Check Rock Auto...

anlauto

Another vote for RockAuto :ohyeah:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Moparman82

I like the Essex carpet a lot, while it's not like original, I think it looks and feels a lot nicer!
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

dave73

Do you have a picture of both? Not concerned with 100% original but also don't want something that looks way out of place...

1 Wild R/T

ACC will send you samples of colors and different materials for free... Follow the link...

https://www.accmats.com/customer-care/

shawge

The Essex carpet looks and feels nice plus is a lot easier to clean :alan2cents:  Similar to modern car carpet.

80/20

100 nylon, Essex

I've got both in black, prefer the Essex. Give me a few minutes to snap some pictures.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

shawge

First pic is the 100, second is the 80/20 loop
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

dave73

Great comparison, thanks!

Spikedog08

Can we get one that doesn't fade quickly?  Having a convertible makes it challenging!   :rolleyes:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

GoodysGotaCuda

I used Essex and the insulation covered a bit less than I expected. Carpet seems nice though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

dodj

Does the extra thickness of the essex over stock create any fitting issues? Like under the sill plates etc?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill