Main Menu

Convertible Rear Inderior Panels

Started by Daveh, December 29, 2019, 11:28:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey Guys,

The previous owner of my 71 Challenger convertible put in holes for 6" speakers in the rear panels.  I know the aftermarket panels don't fit well plus they are expensive.

Has anyone tried to fill in the holes with something or is there a company they can do it?  Just wondering.  I think the easiest option is to put speakers back in but I figured I would ask all the same.  Thanks

Dave

Cuda Cody

Not easy, but it can be done.  If it was me, I think I would put speakers in it and call it good while I looked for a good set to replace it.

Daveh

Thanks Cody that's what I figured I would do.  Have a great New Year. 

Dave

ragtopdodge

Just Dashes can fill the hole and redo/reskin them.  However, you'd need to do the fronts as well to match as the grain they put on is not quite OEM.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: ragtopdodge on January 08, 2020, 01:01:02 PM
Just Dashes can fill the hole and redo/reskin them.  However, you'd need to do the fronts as well to match as the grain they put on is not quite OEM.

Not quite?   LOL... Try not even close... What I'm really disappointed by it the complete lack of detail.... The accent groove in the panel that originally rolls in from the top & bottom to a flat bottom is just a soft rounded line with no defined bottom... 

Truly wish someone would do these panels.. But I understand why no one has...

anlauto

This car has the new interior panels that ARE available, they're not the worse thing in the world.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

This car too...You can see the difference in colour of black to the front Metro panels
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

I think I'm going to put the speakers back in and see what I can come up with in the future.  Thanks

Rich G.

I bought these new rear panels a few years ago. The grain it a little off and they were white. A whole lot better the the chalky originals. When I sprayed them I gave the original green front panels a light coat so the color would match.

Daveh

I called Just Dashes just to see how much it would cost to fill in the holes and they want $450.00 each.  Ouch  Then you figure the freight from Florida to California I would be over a $1,000.00.  It's not a concours car so I think I would take my chances on the aftermarket ones. 

Rich G.

Yep. I said the same thing! 1K and there not perfect!  Ouch