Main Menu

Voltage gauge for Cuda rallye dash

Started by Cudalbs, February 11, 2017, 06:40:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

@fc7cuda

Correct, when running it is just to the right of 6 o'clock. I'm also running a high output powermaster alternator.
Similar to the spot the ammeter needle would be when running.
That's why I was good just using the stock gauge face.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

chaps70rt

Thanks Jay Bee ...... yes, I contacted Premium Dash Decals and they delivered.

See attached pics (one with lense, one without)
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

chaps70rt

What is the safest and least invasive 12V(+) source for the new Voltage Gauge from my new M&H Dash Harness?   I am presuming that most of you
are taking 12V from a switched source with the ignition on.    I was thinking of taking a wire jumper off the back of the tach (12V Screw post).

Can I use ground from the interior of the dash frame?    Thanks in advance ......
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

dylo

Under the dash there are two wiring junction plugs that take bullet style connectors. One is ACC power and one is permanent +12V if i remember correctly? You might find you even have a spare hole for a bullet in the plug.

70rag383

How about using the ACC (ignition switched 12V) male connector that is bottom right in the fuse box? For ground I would use an existing screw/hole  in the metal dash frame.

RacerX

Quote from: chaps70rt on June 12, 2023, 03:18:36 PM
Thanks Jay Bee ...... yes, I contacted Premium Dash Decals and they delivered.

See attached pics (one with lense, one without)

That looks pretty good...

Which volt gauge did you use?

Did you get the decal for the face of the gauge from Premium also?   It looks great!

Skdmark

Quote from: 70rag383 on August 22, 2023, 11:22:29 AM
How about using the ACC (ignition switched 12V) male connector that is bottom right in the fuse box? For ground I would use an existing screw/hole  in the metal dash frame.

I used a piggback terminal off the instrument voltage regulator.
From there it is a short run of wire to the terminal on the back of the gauge
Ground to dash frame.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: