Main Menu

E-Body Package Tray Detail/Trivia

Started by Floyd, September 30, 2021, 02:58:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

I've been focused on duplicating my original package tray set up (70 Challenger, 1 April SPD).  I posted some details here:  https://forum.e-bodies.org/interior/6/package-tray-insulation-panel/1125/msg275108#msg275108

Today I noticed something in the engineering drawings that I hadn't seen before.  The drawing calls for two small brackets to hold down the leading edge of the package tray.  Has anyone ever seen anything like that on a car?

Floyd

My original package tray uses the same style clips as found on the lower portion of the interior door panels.  While this type of clip is not shown in the engineering drawing, it is depicted in the 1971 factory service manual.

Floyd

While rummaging through my parts bins today I found a set of brackets that are a dead match to those posted above.  I'm not sure where I got them and the holes where they would be attached in my car do not appear to have been tapped.

7E-Bodies

My 11/4/69 SPD Challenger RT is somewhat unmolested. I'll check when I get out to the shop and see what mine has.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green