Main Menu

Package Tray Retainers

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, July 11, 2019, 06:16:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Anyone have a picture handy of the little retainers that hold the cardboard package tray down near the back seat. Putting the car back together and I think that was one of those little things thrown away by a previous owner. Couldn't find them on eBay.

I'll buy a set off someone if they have extra but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make something real quick. I'm thinking they are little L brackets?

headejm

How about these?

1 Wild R/T

your SE is missing them too... What he's asking about are little clips that are screwed into the holes just above & to the side of the seat retainer hooks your photo shows....

I've done these cars for a long time & I'd say only 15-20% got those clips.. Once the seat is in the package tray is captured & can't go anywhere....

70 Challenger Lover

I assume they are little L brackets that hold down the front edge until the rear seat back pops on. I saw the holes in the metal and figured some sort of clip or bracket was held in with a screw on each side. Never occurred to me they could be push in clips like a door panel but ill check. I'll set the rear seat back in and if it holds the cardboard tray in nicely, I'll might just leave it be then.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on July 12, 2019, 07:51:54 AM
I assume they are little L brackets that hold down the front edge until the rear seat back pops on. I saw the holes in the metal and figured some sort of clip or bracket was held in with a screw on each side. Never occurred to me they could be push in clips like a door panel but ill check. I'll set the rear seat back in and if it holds the cardboard tray in nicely, I'll might just leave it be then.

The spring clip style was also used, probably a different vendor deal, those too aren't common... the screwed in clips aren't a true L the bend isn't 90 degrees, closer to 60 degrees & the angled part is probably 3/8" long

The upper seat captures it fine...

70 Challenger Lover

Thanks guys! I have the whole week off so it's been a marathon of getting this old RT back together. Just taking my time and getting the interior as nice as I can make it. So far, so good.

Claudia

:alan2cents: When I put mine together, I did not have any clips or retainers and had no issues . . . everything is nice and secure with the seat back installed.  I didn't even know they were supposed to be there.  :dunno: