Main Menu

70 Cuda package tray

Started by B5fourspeed, August 31, 2020, 09:03:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

B5fourspeed

What vendor sells the best Cuda package tray w/speaker holes?What are the differences of some trays? Thanks

anlauto

I'm pretty sure ECS is the go-to company for the best available rear parcel shelf. I believe they have REM cut the speaker slots differently for them exclusively . Maybe by now REM cuts them all correct.
It was Dave Waldon that brought it to their attention the slots were wrong  :alan2cents:

https://ecs-automotive-concepts.myshopify.com/collections/mopar/products/1970-74-mopar-e-body-factory-exact-package-trays-multiple-styles-colors?variant=34989263454369
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

Does anyone make one with the hole already cut out for rear window re fog?

DeathProofCuda

Interestingly, ECS recently upgraded their website and you can now order directly through the web instead of calling them up to submit an order.  At that same time, the prices of their package trays went from $39 (without speaker holes) and $64 (with speaker holes) to $95 for either option.  The pdf copy of their Mopar catalog available on line still shows the old prices.  I called them about a month ago to place an order for one with speaker holes and was given the $64 price.

Links showing both prices are below:

http://worldwidenewsstand.com/2012catalogs/ecscat/index.php?page=14

https://ecs-automotive-concepts.myshopify.com/products/1970-74-mopar-e-body-factory-exact-package-trays-multiple-styles-colors?_pos=1&_psq=package&_ss=e&_v=1.0

69BFan

REM does not offer the package trays with a provision for the rear window defrost.  I have spoke to Mike from REM on this subject before and they did not see the justification to create another pattern and all of the required different part numbers to add it to the list of items that they already make.  Unlike the speaker grids, the defrost provision can be transferred from the old package tray and cut out relatively easy in there opinion. 
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

So Richard, did REM correct the speaker slots, or is ECS getting them elsewhere ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Quote from: Topcat on August 31, 2020, 11:00:15 AM
Not that I'm aware of...pretty simple modification though  :alan2cents:

Chryco Psycho

Roseville , get the discount

Topcat

Quote from: anlauto on August 31, 2020, 01:35:18 PM
Quote from: Topcat on August 31, 2020, 11:00:15 AM
Not that I'm aware of...pretty simple modification though  :alan2cents:

What I recall is that the material is a compacted fiber.
Cutting it by hand was futile and shredded and left ugly edges.

A high speed dremel or table fine blade saw would be a better option perhaps.

Dakota

I just cut the hole for the defroster on the package tray a few days ago.  After drilling a starter hole in the middle of the cut out, I used a metal cutting blade on slow speed and got a clean cut out of it.   As mentioned above, the material is some kind of compressed wood fiber.   The tray was purchased from Roseville if I remember correctly.