Main Menu

Dash Pad Factory at Fall Fling

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, October 23, 2023, 10:04:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

Hi All,

Dash pad factory had a pretty nice display at Fall Fling - I didn't speak to anyone, but if you are looking for a dash pad may be a good resource to find one in stock....
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

TWS

70_440-6Cuda

HAHAHA Right???  But seems options are limited - I lucked out getting mine last year, figured I'd throw it out there and maybe someone in need will get lucky

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Floyd

anlauto

I'm still waiting for pads that I paid these guys for back in May....They don't even answer the phone any more for me
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

I've looked at what they had there "in stock" all have look of being only seconds. All had differing flaws that I could clearly see. Not counting what would be non factory correct.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Marty

Quote from: anlauto on October 23, 2023, 07:29:04 PM
I'm still waiting for pads that I paid these guys for back in May....They don't even answer the phone any more for me

Really sorry to hear that. It's been one year this month since my first order with them/her. Wrote it off as a life lesson. Got lucky with their other "shell company." $3600+ core for a dashpad at the end of it all. :verymad: Glad I won't ever have to deal with them again.

Silver lining...Nice dashpad!

Seriously. Good luck, I hope you get your dashpads. :yes:

Deezel

Sounds like some of those dash pads should be in the mail and not out parading around on a trailer....

I hope you get your dash pads soon Alan.
Lonnie
1973 'cuda

DeathProofCuda

They are also selling them through Ebay right now. 

Upside is that there is probably some additional security given Ebay's buyer protection guarantee.  Downside for me would be paying almost twice as much for shipping ($200) and having to add WA State sales tax on top ($100+).

Add to this that if they send you something that you're not satisfied with that you are going to eat the return shipping costs, so I'm still sitting on the fence.

Would like to be able to buy something at a show that I can inspect first, but we don't have any big enough shows in the PNW to bring in many vendors. :'(

70_440-6Cuda

Man, I am sorry to hear all the trouble with dash pads - I am feeling REALLY lucky with mine - I have no affiliation with any of the suppliers, but when I saw them on ebay I jumped and purchased a non AC 1 speaker pad for my cuda - and I took a real gamble and did the deal direct outside ebay - $1000 via Zelle and prayed for the best, less than 10 days later I had my dash, no core required so I still have my original as well.

Hope everyone gets what they are owed sooner than later!   :fingerscrossed:

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on October 24, 2023, 02:11:55 PM
Man, I am sorry to hear all the trouble with dash pads - I am feeling REALLY lucky with mine - I have no affiliation with any of the suppliers, but when I saw them on ebay I jumped and purchased a non AC 1 speaker pad for my cuda - and I took a real gamble and did the deal direct outside ebay - $1000 via Zelle and prayed for the best, less than 10 days later I had my dash, no core required so I still have my original as well.

Hope everyone gets what they are owed sooner than later!   :fingerscrossed:

Yeah the stars were definitely in alignment for you on that one.  Same thing today would cost twice as much.   :Thud:

70/6chall

Whenever I hear the problems with quality, fitment, shipping time and especially what the e-body pads are getting it blows me away. I was very very fortunate in how I came by my dash pad. A buddy of mine decided to sell his 70 Challenger R/T project car that was literally in pieces in his garage. This was a divorce sale which I felt bad for him with all the hassles he was getting from his ex. He came to with his OE, steel 70 3-speaker, non-air, black Challenger with speakers and grills. This pad is in beautiful non blemished condition. He said here I would like you to get pad, I looked at thinking "Oh no" not the pad. I asked how much do you want for it, Well, how does $100.00 sound. I said ,sure of coarse. Are you sure about this, he said Yes, I rather you have it. So it's in the car @nd looks really good. I do have the R35 factory am/fm thumb wheel stereo 5 speaker system running through a 7 band graphic equalizer amplifier. Sounds great for an original sound system outside the amplifier.

Marty

Good for you, Al. That's a rare deal.  :yes:

I'll get a dash cap and make it work before I go through that  :bigmoney: dash pad headache again.