Main Menu

Did this really exist? Or joke ?

Started by Purepony, December 04, 2020, 09:46:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Purepony

Did they make an e body with heater and ac delete ?
I mean talk about rare lolz
And the shocks are a joke. If someone pays 3000 for those shocks they should  sign up for my 1 millions dollar air guitar class!

1 Wild R/T

Real...And Real Rare...I owned a 71 Hemi Challenger originally ordered on Guam with heater delete...

Matt13

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 04, 2020, 10:03:52 PM
Real...And Real Rare...I owned a 71 Hemi Challenger originally ordered on Guam with heater delete...
Former Squid R/T?

cudamadd

What the  xxxx I see but don't believe a heater delete . Back in the day I guess they just had to winded the windows down to defrost the windscreen. You learn something on this forum every day Awsome  radio delete I get it but heater  wow  :australia:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Matt13 on December 04, 2020, 10:38:17 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 04, 2020, 10:03:52 PM
Former Squid R/T?

Yup... Ordered through the base exchange, shipped to the island, raced & generally abused... The guy I got it from blew it up & tore it apart, then got orders for C school & had to leave the island on short notice... 

1 Wild R/T

Thing is it couldn't even be ordered in the 48 states & probably not in Alaska either.... Hawaii or Overseas delivery....

cuda hunter

I've been patiently awaiting one of those heater delete panels to come up for sale somewhere so I can buy it.    That is a pretty cool option alright!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MoparCarGuy

CORRECTION: Only one version for both Rallye instruments (not cutout for speedometer gauge) and Non-Rallye instruments (with cutout for speedometer gauge).

This thread has a custom heater delete panel with pics on how he made it.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/738734/re-js-restorations.html

Final product

mccannix

The E-body heater delete plate is just that...a cover plate, about 1 3/4" x 4 1/2" with two studs that slides in place, with the studs going through the vacant heater control slots and held in place with speed nuts.
Same one used for rallye and non rallye panel.
@VCODE could comment more I'm sure as he owns a couple heater delete cars.
I have a friend with an NOS heater delete cover and I believe Tony D has a used original one for sale.

Matt13

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 04, 2020, 11:35:35 PM
Thing is it couldn't even be ordered in the 48 states & probably not in Alaska either.... Hawaii or Overseas delivery....
You leave it there or bring it back?

C_B5

They definitely existed and I had several NOS ones over the years. There was a thread a few years back that both myself and Bob (VCODE, as he knows way more about this), contributed too. It may have been over on the old Moparts forum, searched but couldn't find anything.

Here is a picture of just the plate. This is one of the last ones that I sold awhile back.
The plate itself had a part number which was 3431042.

As Mccannix noted in his reply, post #9. The plate was attached to the same dash heater panel that was used in any e-body using speed (or pal) nuts on the mounting studs.
There is a second method of attachment that I observed. This other method the factory just melted the studs over to attach the plate.

The one in my picture is an example of the "melted" plastic studs. That is why the ends of studs are deformed.

C_B5

And it wasn't just used on e-bodies.

Here's a heater delete plate that I had from a 1966-67 B-body.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Matt13 on December 05, 2020, 08:14:29 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 04, 2020, 11:35:35 PM
You leave it there or bring it back?

Long story from a long time ago... Lets just say it never left Guam...

VCODE

Quote from: mccannix on December 05, 2020, 07:40:23 PM
The E-body heater delete plate is just that...a cover plate, about 1 3/4" x 4 1/2" with two studs that slides in place, with the studs going through the vacant heater control slots and held in place with speed nuts.
Same one used for rallye and non rallye panel.
@VCODE could comment more I'm sure as he owns a couple heater delete cars.
I have a friend with an NOS heater delete cover and I believe Tony D has a used original one for sale.

Yes, I have two 70 Cuda's from Hawaii with Heater Delete.
Bob