Main Menu

Door Panel Installation

Started by Claudia, January 16, 2018, 08:46:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GY3R/T

:bradsthumb:    Not to derail the topic... But the sound deading install looks very nice. It looks like your Cuda' is ready for orbit.    :bigthumb:

Claudia

Quote from: nsmall on January 16, 2018, 05:37:58 PM
@Claudia

If you want measurements I can take some pics of my oem panels that are currently out of my car.  I can take some of the Cuda emblem and remote mirror holes.

Let me know.

@nsmall - I have yet to have a chance to look at my new panels and see if they have the spots marked or not.  If you have your panels readily available and can get measurements, that would be great!  :twothumbsup:

Claudia

Quote from: GY3R/T on January 16, 2018, 07:00:57 PM
:bradsthumb:    Not to derail the topic... But the sound deading install looks very nice. It looks like your Cuda' is ready for orbit.    :bigthumb:

:D  Thanks!  It took a long time and was overall pretty easy except on my back!  :bricks:

Claudia

Quote from: msegulin6 on January 16, 2018, 04:02:50 PM
Quote from: Claudia on January 16, 2018, 08:46:16 AM
I am just finishing up installing my splash shields and I am getting ready to install my door panel emblems (need to drill holes in new panels) and the remote mirror control (need to drill hole in new panel as well) as well as the actual door panels themselves . . . a couple of questions:

1) Is the larger hole (circled in green) where the driver side remote control mirror cable comes through? 

2) Does the remote mirror cable attach anywhere else or just pass through the hole in the door and get secured to the plastic door panel?

3) Does anyone have measurements for the placement of the holes for the remote mirror and the 'cuda door panel emblems?

4) In what order are the door panels installed? (ie: pull cup bracket, pull cup, lock lever, armrest, plastic door panel . . .)
There's a pic of the inside bracket.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

@msegulin6 - Do you (or anyone else) know if that bracket is just a bolt on?
Also, do you (or anyone else) happen to have one laying around?
I do not believe that I have that bracket.

Shane Kelley

From my understanding the bracket is used on 70 only. 71 and up just use the plastic retainer and clip on intrusion beam as pictured below.

HEMICUDA

Use a step drill for the remote on the mirror, only make it large enough for the remote to go through the door panel.  Make sure you file the slot in the door panel, that's to keep the retainer clip for the bezel from spinning.  Also, make sure the slot is orientated correctly (straight up), the slot clocks the remote correctly.

Kewl_Wheels

Quote from: Claudia on January 17, 2018, 05:19:14 AM
Quote from: msegulin6 on January 16, 2018, 04:02:50 PM
Quote from: Claudia on January 16, 2018, 08:46:16 AM
I am just finishing up installing my splash shields and I am getting ready to install my door panel emblems (need to drill holes in new panels) and the remote mirror control (need to drill hole in new panel as well) as well as the actual door panels themselves . . . a couple of questions:

1) Is the larger hole (circled in green) where the driver side remote control mirror cable comes through? 

2) Does the remote mirror cable attach anywhere else or just pass through the hole in the door and get secured to the plastic door panel?

3) Does anyone have measurements for the placement of the holes for the remote mirror and the 'cuda door panel emblems?

4) In what order are the door panels installed? (ie: pull cup bracket, pull cup, lock lever, armrest, plastic door panel . . .)
There's a pic of the inside bracket.

@msegulin6 - Do you (or anyone else) know if that bracket is just a bolt on?
Also, do you (or anyone else) happen to have one laying around?
I do not believe that I have that bracket.
That pic is from a 70... I don't have an extra  bracket.

nsmall

I'll post pics zoomed in and then out of the same shot.

nsmall

Pretty sure mine are OEM.  There is a Chrysler logo.

Claudia

@nsmall - AWESOME JOB!  :clapping:
Thank you for taking the time!

HP_Cuda

Since I just did mine and I enjoyed it so much I'll give you a few tips.

- The door panel actually needs to be hung from the top first and then get all the clips pushed in at the bottom. If you don't do this you will find a big gap at the top that those side screws will not be able to close.

- The remote mirror (70 only) cable has a rubber insulator and should be put in the middle of the loop so you are not riding metal on metal. The remote also is mounted to the panel with the bracket behind so you can pull it tight on the other side. For some reason I kept thinking the bracket went behind the door and there is not enough thread to make that work.

- Once you have the clips inserted below use a thin screwdriver or pick to align the screw holes for the door cup.

- Based on the condition of your door, the screw set made for holding the sides of the door panel to the door may not work. Over time folks may have enlarged the holes and you may have to re-mediate that.

Enjoy!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Claudia

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 18, 2018, 10:13:53 AM

Since I just did mine and I enjoyed it so much I'll give you a few tips.

- The door panel actually needs to be hung from the top first and then get all the clips pushed in at the bottom. If you don't do this you will find a big gap at the top that those side screws will not be able to close.

- The remote mirror (70 only) cable has a rubber insulator and should be put in the middle of the loop so you are not riding metal on metal. The remote also is mounted to the panel with the bracket behind so you can pull it tight on the other side. For some reason I kept thinking the bracket went behind the door and there is not enough thread to make that work.

- Once you have the clips inserted below use a thin screwdriver or pick to align the screw holes for the door cup.

- Based on the condition of your door, the screw set made for holding the sides of the door panel to the door may not work. Over time folks may have enlarged the holes and you may have to re-mediate that.

Enjoy!

Sounds good!  Thanks for the tips!  :handshake:

Claudia

I always like to try to follow up on my posts so . . . as suggested earlier, my panels were marked and were actually pretty close to the measurements provided from originals.  Overall, not to bad to install but man the two screws to hold the pull cup bracket to the plastic door panel and the single lock level bolt are both a real pain to get installed. :pullinghair:

HP_Cuda

:twothumbsup:

I'm sure that you are relieved to be done.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

The large Phillips screws visible in the pull cup should be black  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration