Main Menu

Door Panel Installation

Started by Claudia, January 16, 2018, 08:46:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Claudia

I am just finishing up installing my splash shields and I am getting ready to install my door panel emblems (need to drill holes in new panels) and the remote mirror control (need to drill hole in new panel as well) as well as the actual door panels themselves . . . a couple of questions:

1) Is the larger hole (circled in green) where the driver side remote control mirror cable comes through? 

2) Does the remote mirror cable attach anywhere else or just pass through the hole in the door and get secured to the plastic door panel?

3) Does anyone have measurements for the placement of the holes for the remote mirror and the 'cuda door panel emblems?

4) In what order are the door panels installed? (ie: pull cup bracket, pull cup, lock lever, armrest, plastic door panel . . .)

anlauto

Look on the back of your door panel, all the markings will be there. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

Here are a few pictures that should help you out with your remote mirror.

Shane Kelley

Assemble the arm rest and cups on the door panel along with the emblems. As mentioned the back or the door panel has marks where to drill. Set the lock lever in the cup when installing the panel. As the panel goes on slide the lock lever onto the lock shaft at the same time. 

Claudia

Quote from: anlauto on January 16, 2018, 09:42:01 AM
Look on the back of your door panel, all the markings will be there. :alan2cents:

I didn't even think about it being that easy! 
I just figured that the new panels would not have any of those provisions.
I will check!

Claudia

Quote from: Shane Kelley on January 16, 2018, 10:01:04 AM
Assemble the arm rest and cups on the door panel along with the emblems. As mentioned the back or the door panel has marks where to drill. Set the lock lever in the cup when installing the panel. As the panel goes on slide the lock lever onto the lock shaft at the same time.

Should the interior door handle go on first before the door panel or after?

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Claudia on January 16, 2018, 10:20:54 AM

Should the interior door handle go on first before the door panel or after?

After

Claudia

I assume that the pull cup brackets get mounted to the actual door frame first and then everything else gets mounted to the door panel and then the door panel gets installed onto the door frame?

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Claudia on January 16, 2018, 10:57:18 AM

I assume that the pull cup brackets get mounted to the actual door frame first and then everything else gets mounted to the door panel and then the door panel gets installed onto the door frame?
No. The cup gets mounted in door panel also. The lock shaft goes through the hole in the cup so the cup has to be on the door panel prior to installation.

Claudia

Quote from: Shane Kelley on January 16, 2018, 11:23:59 AM
Quote from: Claudia on January 16, 2018, 10:57:18 AM

No. The cup gets mounted in door panel also. The lock shaft goes through the hole in the cup so the cup has to be on the door panel prior to installation.

I was referencing the pull cup bracket (maybe not what it is called) pictured below . . . not the actual pull cup.

303 Mopar

My panels were not marked well for the 'Cuda emblem, so I used these pics.  Hope they help! 

Shane Kelley

Those will fasten to the door panel as well. They actually screw up from the bottom into the door panel itself. Have the cup in place when you install these. There will be a couple holes open that line up with the holes in the bottom of the cups. Once the door panel is on the car the 2 large screws go through the cup and those brackets and into the door where the 2 J nuts are located. See pic below.  I do remember building the door panels was a little brain teaser figuring the order of how everything went as far as the arm rest area goes.

Claudia

Well, that at least make me feel better for asking.   :thinking:
I'm sure if I just dive in, I can get if figured out but it never hurts to have a game plan!

Kewl_Wheels

Quote from: Claudia on January 16, 2018, 08:46:16 AM
I am just finishing up installing my splash shields and I am getting ready to install my door panel emblems (need to drill holes in new panels) and the remote mirror control (need to drill hole in new panel as well) as well as the actual door panels themselves . . . a couple of questions:

1) Is the larger hole (circled in green) where the driver side remote control mirror cable comes through? 

2) Does the remote mirror cable attach anywhere else or just pass through the hole in the door and get secured to the plastic door panel?

3) Does anyone have measurements for the placement of the holes for the remote mirror and the 'cuda door panel emblems?

4) In what order are the door panels installed? (ie: pull cup bracket, pull cup, lock lever, armrest, plastic door panel . . .)
There's a pic of the inside bracket.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nsmall

@Claudia

If you want measurements I can take some pics of my oem panels that are currently out of my car.  I can take some of the Cuda emblem and remote mirror holes.

Let me know.