Main Menu

head liner in 72 challenger

Started by roguedc72, September 25, 2020, 08:52:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

roguedc72

I took the headliner out, then I remodeled a house , got married and raised 2 kids, now I don't remember where the small meatal brackets go and how the bows are installed, my Chrysler service manual has illustrations that are vague at best, does anybody know where I might find some actual pics of how these are installed? thanks in advance

Rich G.

Try putting the bows in by themselves. Pretty sure they will fit snug only in the correct hole. If you are talking about the metal brackets with the teeth , they are for the sail panel. Match the screw holes up.

roguedc72

don't know if anyone else has seen this but the bows are color coded, one has orange paint, 2 with purple and the rear has green painted on one end, my chrysler service manual makes no mention of this, so I guess try putting the bows in without the material. The metal brackets I think are for the seat belt clips, I'll see where they line up best. I'm on the home stretch with this car but it's still fighting back!

Dynamo

if you are talking about the shoulder strap clips they mount 3" in front of the front bow & 6" behind the front bow. the black clip goes to the rear & there is a support clip that mounts behind the headliner for it. you should be able to feel the locations as there is approx. 1/4' depression for the screw