Main Menu

Heater Box Hole Repair Question W/ Pics

Started by Daveh, October 31, 2017, 07:29:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hi guys,

I'm getting ready to assemble my heater/AC box for the Challenger and the spring that shuts one of the doors rounded the hole out a little too much.  So I want to fill the hole and then re-drill a hole. 

What do you guys suggest using?  In the past I've used PC-7 with pretty good success but never for filling in a hole and re-drilling it.  What do you all suggest?  Or maybe there is another solution?  Thanks

Dave

headejm

:alan2cents: I would use fiberglass on both sides if the housing. Where the spring is attached, you could fiberglass in a small washer then drill out the hole. You can see that the housing was originally made using a glass based material (like fiberglass). Easy fix and very strong.

Shane Kelley

Some 2 part epoxy would probably work good for that also. Rough up both sides and put tape on one side and squirt some epoxy in the hole. Color is going to be a issue. Might be able to air brush something over it if that bothers you. It would bother me.

EV2RTSE

Resto Rick has a really good tutorial on heater box repair-
http://www.restorick.com/tech/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=75

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Had a few holes in mine..........used Fiberglass repair kit.............

YellowThumper

My suggestion is to use a washer that is sandwiched between some glass. Resin and fiber mixed up. Not necessarily a glass sheet layed out.
Good luck
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.