Main Menu

Looking for A/C vent for my 71 Challenger

Started by Daveh, December 16, 2017, 07:02:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

I'm looking for an A/C vent for the Challenger.  It's the one pictured below.  I have the defroster vent and the vent that goes to the center and right side of the dash.

I need the one that goes into the vent next to the heater and A/C controls on the left side of the dash.  Let me know if anyone has one.  Thanks

Dave

1 Wild R/T

71GranCoupe

I bet Roadman can find one for you. He found a hard to find part for my ac too. Good luck with the hunt. I did a quick  :ebay: search and nothing active. A couple sold for like $75 + shipping.  :cheers:

:sorry:  Didn't look at the message close enough, only seen the duct  that is circled. Ya, wild is right, rally or non rally makes a difference.

Daveh

Standard Dash.  Why would that make a difference? 

Been looking on Ebay with no success. 

71GranCoupe

Rally has a full rectangle opening for the switch, while non rally has the same basic rectangle, but the upper right corner is rounded for the large speedo in the cluster.

Non rally
https://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Body-Plymouth-Cuda-Standard-A-C-Heater-Bezel-With-Controls-1970-1974/232428023303?hash=item361dca2e07:g:eoEAAOSw8X5ZfBA~&vxp=mtr

Daveh

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on December 16, 2017, 10:26:24 PM
Do you need the vent or the duct work ?

I get the impression he needs the vent.. And next he'll realize that was the easy part....

Daveh

I have the vent and bezel I need the duct that attaches to the vent and goes behind the dash.  Below is what I have not the actual one I just wasn't at a place where I could take a picture of mine.

Daveh

Ok I think I found one.  Is this a decent price or can I find a better on.  Seems a little rough around the edges.  Does anyone have one on the board they are willing to sell me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-1971-1972-1973-1974-barracuda-challenger-under-dash-a-c-vent-scarce-mint/391922771782?hash=item5b406ae746:g:DX4AAOSwrlRZ2V94&vxp=mtr

Thanks
Dave

1 Wild R/T

Ok, so Alan had it right & yes thats the part... Hard to find so that isn't a bad deal...  ridiculous  but what are ya gonna do?

Daveh

71GranCoupe

Unless you absolutely need it now, I would wait. I sold 2 of them last year for $75 shipped. They come up every so often, but $150+ is high in my book.  :alan2cents:

Daveh

I thought it was a little high also, but supply and demand.  Thanks