Main Menu

Need Standard dash clock stem pic

Started by JunkYardFind, February 16, 2021, 04:01:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JunkYardFind

I have had a standard dash clock for YEARS. I also attempted to find a stem long ago and I think ended up with a Rallye adjustment tube/stem. They are not compatible without a small piece that joins and adjusts/reset the clock. Does anyone have a close-up pic of the ends of the standard stem or cable that fit into the clock?

I see a few after-market type cables that say they are for the standard clock. Need to see a close up of one of those. (the end that insets in clock.)

Currently I have a master craftsmen watch repair guy looking into making what I have work. A pic my help him.
Thanks

www.JunkYardFind.com What's In YOUR Garage ?

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

JunkYardFind

yea, I saw that thread, it is excellent BUT does not show the type I am looking for. Here is the type I need close-ups of the end attachment. http://www.mrmoparts.net/1970-71-mopar-e-body-clock-reset-cable/#gallery It says Classic Industries but I am
not seeing it on their site. Too bad as they are 2 miles from my house :/ I think this is for the Rallye dash, still need the pics though!

anlauto

That cable is for the Rallye Dash clock NOT the Standard Dash clock.  I doubt it would thread on... Skdmark posted the correct set-up in his link. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JunkYardFind

Quote from: anlauto on February 16, 2021, 04:39:37 PM
That cable is for the Rallye Dash clock NOT the Standard Dash clock.  I doubt it would thread on... Skdmark posted the correct set-up in his link. :alan2cents:

Yep, was just modifying the post when I came back you already posted. I still need the pics of the Rallye cable end. Mine does not have the protrusion so I am left with a slot on the cable and a slot on the clock. The watchmaker is going to try and fabricate the piece in between. The cable screws on the clock perfectly.

JunkYardFind

I have not seen anyone post about going to a watchmaker before. Hopefully this leads to something, if they can make this work, they likely can reproduce the stem type as well. I will need to get my hands on one somehow without paying $500! I will go $100 and promise to ship it back to you if anyone has one laying around.

anlauto

I'm confused at what you're trying to have him do ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JunkYardFind

Quote from: anlauto on February 16, 2021, 05:11:29 PM
I'm confused at what you're trying to have him do ?

@anlauto
I have the standard clock and a Rallye adjustment stem/cable. The cable I have does not have a protrusion shown in the pic above. The cable end only has a slot like the clock. The watchmaker will need to fabricate a piece that can allow the two to work together along with a pin that pushes in so the clock can be re-set. I was almost able to create something that worked but the tolerances need to be better than what I can make.

I wish I took pics of my cable before I gave it to the watchmaker. They seemed confident they could do it. 3 generations of watchmakers in the store! We shall see.

anlauto

JunkYardFind

Now I know why we need to send PEOPLE to Mars....pics just do not cut it!
Thanks for it though. I am just going to see if they can fabricate it. If not, I will have to purchase one of these and see what it is.

Skdmark

@JunkYardFind.com

Here's some pics from the repro rallye clock reset cable ends.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

JunkYardFind

@Skdmark
Great pics....thanks! Mine is still different, maybe in a good way. I don't see how this cable could be adapted to fit it the standard clock. I should hear back from the watchmaker some time next week. I will post pics of my cable and what if anything the watchmaker did.