Main Menu

Parking Brake Handle

Started by moreparts, October 14, 2021, 05:36:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

moreparts

Hello, I need to replace the grommet behind the parking brake handle.  What's the trick to getting that handle off?  I tried several small allen head wrenches with no luck.  I also have a spare grommet I got from the junkyard years ago.  It looks like it was glued in as well as pressed.  Is that something anyone else is seen and necessary? 

71vert340

I think it's a roll pin and you use a pin punch to tap it out .
Terry W.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

moreparts

Thanks fellas!  That saved my about 100 man hours of labor.  Roll pin was low on my list of ways to get it off.

moreparts

I just wanted to update this thread with a great tool I found that really made taking out that roll pin a breeze.  These look to be out on Amazon, but ebay still has them. 

https://www.amazon.com/E-Z-Red-PPT13-ROLL-EZR-PPT13/dp/B00DOPY4RS/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=ppt13&qid=1634921796&s=hi&sr=1-3

Also, is there a good way to press in the replacement grommets?  I've tried pushing on them with various things, but the head starts to deform and I've crushed the lip that grabs the back of the bracket so it doesn't get pushed back out.