Main Menu

Pillar cover delema

Started by Mrbill426, June 16, 2019, 06:47:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

Okay I admit I did not open the bag when I received my replacement pillar covers (several) years ago because I assumed  :-[ the add was correct that they fit my year car. 
Now that I'm taking inventory and lining up things for reassembly I find they are NOT the same as the originals  :huh: ; the screw hole location are not the same nor is the quantity of holes.  Here is a photo of the comparison; original on top.  Label too.  It may not matter but the slotted end tabs on the replacements are a bit longer than the originals too.
Are there two styles for the E-body?  Different year parts?

:wrenching:

Mrbill426

So are you saying the two-hole ones I bought are for a  70-71 while the one-hole ones are for 72-74 and only come in black?  Mine car is a 72.

Thanks.

:wrenching:

Quote from: TX9AAR on June 16, 2019, 07:06:03 AM
1970 to mid 1971 are different. The screw holes are in a different location as you have found out. I just got a pair from Roseville Chrysler for my AAR they only come in black so you will need to be paint them white.

anlauto

here's a thought....put the trim in place and drill new holes  :alan2cents: and move on
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

Thanks for your :alan2cents: it did come to mind on the onset and I may end up doing that; we'll see how they fit before drilling in case I have to unload them for the right ones.

I just thought it odd that there would be two different covers for the 70-74 models.   Funny thing too is the originals have a blank to drill them out for a second screw, even but the blank is still in a different location than the apparent earlier covers.

Quote from: anlauto on June 16, 2019, 08:36:54 AM
here's a thought....put the trim in place and drill new holes  :alan2cents: and move on

1 Wild R/T

The first clue should have been the Palco Dashtop brand name.....

They only left out one word from their label to be accurate..

Manufacturer of Low Quality Replacement Automotive Products