Main Menu

Pistol grip shifter "Grip"

Started by LinceCuda, July 02, 2017, 06:24:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

LinceCuda

Yesterday I saw a Challenger with a pistol grip shifter and it had real wood grips. So did E-Bodies ever come with real wood grips or for that did any Mopar with a pistol grip come with wood grips? I asked him about the wood and he said the grips were already on the shifter when he bought the car, they looked like cherry wood to me but I really don't know, what I do know is the shifter really look great. :)

Chryco Psycho

the wood grips are all aftermarket & are available in different colors & different wood used .
Someone on here has a number of types available if you search

Roadman

@ToxicWolf   has 4 sets made of differant woods that are awesome.They were custom made, I will get him to chime in on who made them. Some attach to the shifter handle with no screws

anlauto

There was a guy here in Ontario making them too...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Original E-Bodies came with plastic wood grips.  However, there are several people that offer super nice and custom color real wood grips.

LinceCuda

Thanks for all the replies and links seems y'all covered it. I know I'll be getting a set of the wood ones they just look great and feel good as well. I did asked to give them a grasp I couldn't help myself lol. he was fine with it.

ToxicWolf

Idle Hands Woodwork

www.idlehandswoodwork.com

Daveh

He's got some amazing stuff.  Any idea what he charges?  I'm sure it's piece by piece but could it be a couple hundred or a couple thousand?  Just curious.  Thanks

Dave

Fern

Ihave had 2 made, not sure who made them since it was a while ago. 1 was maple with green stain and another was walnut. Both look great. I will look back and try to attach a link. The price was about 150.

Brads70

Here is where I got mine. Maybe message him to see what he has left? I bought 3 different ones as I couldn't decide.... :looney:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=89241.msg944374#msg944374

Fern

Quote from: Brads70 on July 11, 2017, 04:08:49 PM
Here is where I got mine. Maybe message him to see what he has left? I bought 3 different ones as I couldn't decide.... :looney:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=89241.msg944374#msg944374

That's who I got mine from also.
Great quality.  He did have some left that he wanted to sell, maybe you'll like what he has and get a deal also.

LinceCuda

Those are some really nice looking grips, I really liked the Texas Black and the Custom died black walnut. Couldn't see the guys grips on CC but he had some great feedback and prices. Thanks again guys for the leads. :)

ToxicWolf

I can't remember what I paid for the Idle Hands ones in the picture, but I really like them for shows because there are no screws in them and that gives them a really clean look.  :veryexcited: