Main Menu

restore my cluster

Started by pink aar, January 15, 2018, 05:02:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

pink aar

Can anyone recommendation on were I should send my rally cluster too. Thanks.  I know there is more than one person that can restore it.

anlauto

My one customer sends all of his to Performance Car Graphics. They come back to me looking nice and everything works. :alan2cents: I've installed two so far and waiting on three more currently.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

Idea on cost?  Think I may do something like this as well . . . Hmmm waiting on 3 more makes me think they are backed up on their work load?   
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

303 Mopar

There are a few members that have used www.redlinegaugeworks.com, including myself.  They do a great job.

nsmall

I used Redline.  What do you want restored?  Everything?  Is cost a factor?  Redline charged me $750 and I know they charged another guy $1200 but he basically had everything restored.  I will look for a thread on this for you.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on January 15, 2018, 05:13:13 AM
My one customer sends all of his to Performance Car Graphics. They come back to me looking nice and everything works. :alan2cents: I've installed two so far and waiting on three more currently.

I've used Dave (Performance Car Graphics once), they only issue I had with the gauges was instead of using the correct rivets to hold the gauge faces on, he used screws that I had to replace.

Claudia

Quote from: pink aar on January 15, 2018, 05:02:29 AM
Can anyone recommendation on were I should send my rally cluster too. Thanks.  I know there is more than one person that can restore it.

I ended up choosing Instrument Specialties to restore my rallye gauge cluster and switch panel.  I am undecided if I would use them again or not. 
I started by first shipping them my parts and then had them provide me with an a la carte quote to fix everything that was wrong.  I then picked from the quote what I wanted them to do and the rest of it I would do on my own.  Up to this point, I was pretty happy with them.  Unfortunately, I had several different issues with both my gauge cluster and my switch panel once I received them back which ultimately resulted in me having to ship parts back to them as well as time delays moving forward with my project.  Again, once I actual installed my dash and started testing . . . more issues came up with the restoration.  IS was more than willing to fix each and every issue under warranty and even provided me with pre-paid shipping labels each time I had to send them parts (which hardly ANYONE does these days).  While I know things are not always perfect, nor can they be . . . I do expect a certain level of quality control from a professional shop and this was lacking on their end in my experience.  Again, I'm not saying that everyone should steer clear of them as they did do some things right but hopefully this just happened to be my experience.

Spikedog08

If there was a bunch of members going to restore their cluster, maybe we could get a group deal somewhere . . . Anyone have any connections?   

:dunno:

Aar1064

I did most of the work myself but did have redline paint needles and reprint the colors on just the tach. Yes they do that. Turn around was about a week though there wasn't much to do.

Spikedog08

Quote from: Aar1064 on January 16, 2018, 05:52:29 PM
I did most of the work myself but did have redline paint needles and reprint the colors on just the tach. Yes they do that. Turn around was about a week though there wasn't much to do.

Do you have a thread out there somewhere that shows what you did!  I am all about trying myself. 

:clapping: