Main Menu

Shaker hood interior cable placement

Started by madmax2b, October 08, 2017, 03:45:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

madmax2b

I just bought a 1970 Dodge Challenger 383 4 barrel with factory air that the previous owner added a Shaker hood to. I am having trouble trying to install the inside snorkel cable. I have found the 2 holes for the lever, but the map light bracket is in the way as well as the foot well ac duct. It also doesn't have the hole for the grommet cut either. I am having no luck finding any documentation for this. I would appreciate any pics, or advice someone might have.

anlauto

As I said in my email.....Chrysler never built an AC car with a shaker hood....You could not combine the two options for numerous reasons, most of which you just pointed out.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Alan is right.  It was not an option for a few reasons, but where there is a will there is a way. @madmax2b   The hole in the firewall is easy to add.  But you might need to make some modification to get it all to work.  Here's some good photos of factory holes:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/reference-material/18/e-body-hole-locations-firewall-door-interior-ect/303/