Main Menu

Shifter boot questions...4 speed

Started by antonellomopar, December 21, 2021, 08:41:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

antonellomopar

Hello
I purchased a shifter boot that was sold as OEM...but there are no part numbers on it. SHould be some part number on it?
Also...how do I install it? WIll it slide from the top? Or should the shifter handle be removed from the mechanism? I had already purchased a new repro, but it broke when I tried to install it from the top. Please help....

dodj

Depends on the shifter handle really. With my hurst ball handle shifter I removed the ball and pushed down from the top. With my pistol grip I removed the handle and slid the boot on from the bottom, then reattached the shifter handle.
To attach to the floor I used stainless philips head sheet metal screws.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

antonellomopar

anlauto

Has to go on from the bottom...Chrysler ones have the part number stamped in the metal ring.. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

antonellomopar

Thank you Alan..always a wealth of informations... :Thud:

anlauto

This is a three speed boot, but the four speed part number is in the same area
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

antonellomopar

Alan, I guess also the chrome ring should have a part number cast somewhere into it.