Main Menu

Stockish aftermarket seats.

Started by FSHTAIL, July 01, 2020, 01:40:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Looks great, I can't wait to install mine....I had my rear seat covered to match as well
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1972V21Cuda

My first thought: they look like a Mustang seat.

FSHTAIL

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

FSHTAIL

Quote from: anlauto on May 24, 2021, 07:47:22 AM
Looks great, I can't wait to install mine....I had my rear seat covered to match as well

Niiiiiice!

How do you like the fronts?
I'm pretty happy with them for the price..

How much did that rear cost to have done?

anlauto

Quote from: Chris D. on May 24, 2021, 11:28:15 AM

Niiiiiice!

I really like the fronts, but I haven't installed and sat in them, in the car yet...For the back seat, I got the material right from Cipher and had my upholstery guy custom make the covers...Lest just say, it cost twice as much as the front seats :o a lot of man hours involved
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

FSHTAIL

I just realized the floor to seat rail bracket was made wrong.   

Only 2 sides have studs, other side is just a hole.   

So Im working with Cipher so they can correct their mistake so others get a legit direct bolt up bracket.   

Do your brackets have 4 studs for going through the floor?

Here are the pictures I took so they know what they're working with.

Quote from: anlauto on May 24, 2021, 11:34:21 AM
Quote from: Chris D. on May 24, 2021, 11:28:15 AM

Niiiiiice!

I really like the fronts, but I haven't installed and sat in them, in the car yet...For the back seat, I got the material right from Cipher and had my upholstery guy custom make the covers...Lest just say, it cost twice as much as the front seats :o a lot of man hours involved

gzig5

Did you happen to check with a plumb bob off the steering wheel that the pattern is centered on the steering wheel?  I mounted an aftermarket seat a while back, making the adapter equal on both sides and the seat somehow ended up over an inch off center from the wheel. I never got around to checking if it was because I didn't get it level side to side and it was tilted, or if the pattern wasn't centered for some reason.  The OEM base and seat looked to be even on each side.  Everything is out now but I'll be checking again before the new seats I have go in. 

anlauto

Quote from: Chris D. on May 27, 2021, 01:19:46 PM
I just realized the floor to seat rail bracket was made wrong.   

Only 2 sides have studs, other side is just a hole.   

So Im working with Cipher so they can correct their mistake so others get a legit direct bolt up bracket.   

Do your brackets have 4 studs for going through the floor?

Here are the pictures I took so they know what they're working with.

I never purchased Cipher's mounting brackets. For a detailed look at what I did, visit my build thread and scroll down to reply #250
https://forum.e-bodies.org/your-restoration-project-roseville-moparts/10/a-g-a-r-this-just-in-week-twenty-four/19258/240