Main Menu

Stupid Gas Pedal Question

Started by Daveh, July 01, 2020, 06:25:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey Guys,

I installed my gas pedal yesterday and I was wondering what is the function of the little rubber piece?  Just curious

anlauto

Maybe to cushion any vibration or make the operation of the gas pedal smoother ? It goes between the rub point of the metal and the plastic  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

That's where I put it and put a dab of grease on it to slide.  It went in fine I was just curious.  Thanks

70/6chall

Hi, was just wondering, since we're on the subject of gas pedals, why do my pedal pad ribs run horizontally. Albeit the one starting this post has ribs running vertically. My pad is in my '70 Challenger, does it have something to do with year of car, or whether it is a Challenger or Barracuda? Mine has the pedal trim if that makes a difference. Again just wondering. Thanks,   Al

Daveh

Looks like yours may be for a 70 only.  The 70 is different from the 71-72 according to the Classic Industries catalog.  Yes I still use a catalog for reference.   :haha:

anlauto

Yup...Again 1970 is one year only.. :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70/6chall

Thanks guys '70 it is. Kinda figured it had to be one those '70 only things.  Thanks again just wondering.  Al