Main Menu

Trunk floor mat

Started by GCragtop, August 16, 2017, 03:57:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Those new glove boxes are terrible....I don't understand the logic behind those :crazytalk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69BFan

I agree 100% with you Alan, but I am amazed that the public as a whole has been more than supportive of the change since they are less likely to rip or stain as bad.  I have took all of my original styles and pulled them out for those who are doing the more correct restorations.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

GCragtop

I just got a message from Dante. Material for the mat is available in bulk also, 54"x80" $69.99.

cudaized

Bring back the MCO versions.

MCO=Motor City Originals           :bigmoney:

Quote from: anlauto on August 17, 2017, 04:19:35 AM
I don't share that same opinion.... :alan2cents: I think the rolled rubber ones are the best available
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

anlauto

Quote from: cudaized on August 17, 2017, 09:49:26 AM
Bring back the MCO versions.

MCO=Motor City Originals           :bigmoney:

I don't share that same opinion.... :alan2cents: I think the rolled rubber ones are the best available

YES...That I will agree with !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

benlavigne

The felt-backed vinyl one is so flimsy mine was cracked while still folded in the package! Looks more like a picnic-table-cloth to me... The shape is ok, but you can't use it with stuff in the trunk, it won't stay in place. I ended up getting the rubber one, much better, and it can actually be used as a trunk mat...

Ben

69BFan

I have two of the MCO B-Body mats and I believe that they were using a OEM vendor to Chrysler at that point.  There was speculation that the original trunk mats were made in Alabama and/or Tennessee, but I have never been able to get a definite answer on those pieces.   
Not looking to get into a pricing battle, but the bulk material from us is $45 plus the shipping charges.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Shane Kelley

I know my vision isn't as good as it used to be but in my car the fabric faced one fits better than the rubber one. You be the judge. My fabric faced one came in a roll also. It also has a thin rubber backing. Top 4 pics are the fabric faced and lower 4 pics are all rubber printed mat.

anlauto

That's not the fabric ones I was talking about.....I've never seen that type  :thinking: The one's I'm thinking come folded up in a ball and the backside is brite white

RUNCHARGER

I like the bulk and cut your own idea. It's hard to believe a supplier can't cut these correctly.
Sheldon

69BFan

The fabric style that REM sales is a printed material with a bright white felt material on the backside.  It is packaged in a long rectangular box much like the rubber ones are placed.  The vinyl mats are folded up tightly like a bed sheet and then shrink wrapped in a plastic cover.  I will see if I have one in stock, but I am thinking that I sold it last weekend at The Nats.

GCragtop

Thanks for the pics Shane, thats the one I have also.
DMT has fleece backed vinyl mats available, $39 + shipping.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: GCragtop on August 17, 2017, 09:41:51 PM
Thanks for the pics Shane, thats the one I have also.
DMT has fleece backed vinyl mats available, $39 + shipping.
I bought mine on EBay and couldn't even tell you who I bought it from. I saw it and knew it looked more like the original one that's in my 71 Road Runner. The only real difference is the original one has a black backing. Face color looks real close.

Topcat

Just got an email from ECS saying they are coming out with correct Trunk Mats.

Will be debuted at MCACN.   :veryexcited:

anlauto

Quote from: Topcat on November 15, 2018, 01:51:01 PM
Just got an email from ECS saying they are coming out with correct Trunk Mats.

Will be debuted at MCACN.   :veryexcited:

Yup...got my email too....I hope they're reasonably priced :fingerscrossed: