Main Menu

What are these seats?

Started by Archialfa, June 11, 2017, 07:46:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Archialfa

I saw an ad for a 1970 Charger in Germany, but what interested me the most are the bucket seats. These look like original B-body seats, but clearly are not or I am missing something.

Link to the ad: https://m.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=245675681&utm_source=com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail&utm_medium=ios#desImages

They look like they provide more side support than E-body bucket seats and I am considering to replace my seats with these if I could find out what model/type they are. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plum Crazy 1970 Challenger 440 Magnum

Dmz73

Those are 1985 Shelby GT/GLH seats

Archialfa

Great! Anybody fitted these in an E-body? It shouldn't be a problem I guess...

I'm looking for seats which will provide mode side support because I live in Central Europe and roads here are narrow and bendy. Sliding sideways in every corner gets tiresome quickly.

Cuda Cody

Wonder if you could use the covers / foam and put them on an E-Body seat frame?  They look to be a close fit.

Archialfa

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking... and they look like stock, especially over here in Europe where most of the people never saw an E-body live, let alone know what should be stock or not.

Cuda Cody

@Dmz73  nice job on recognizing those seats.   :clapping:

Archialfa

Cody, the seat covers you posted are available to buy somewhere?

Cuda Cody

The seat posted is a 1970 Cuda seat.  @MoparDave  sells them and Legendary makes them. 

Quote from: Archialfa on June 11, 2017, 08:31:38 AM
Cody, the seat covers you posted are available to buy somewhere?

6bblgt

Quote from: Dmz73 on June 11, 2017, 07:47:32 AM

not quite, but close - the '70 Charger seats are among the most contoured - heaviest padded (luxurious) seats Chrysler Corp. built ('71-'72 b-bodies also are similar)

those are  '70 Charger seats - maybe a little overstuffed, but pretty close to STOCK

anlauto

Those are original 1970 Charger seats. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Thought the side seat belt area looked 1970 Mopar.   :bigthumb:

Quote from: anlauto on June 11, 2017, 10:34:37 AM
Those are original 1970 Charger seats. :alan2cents:

anlauto

Oops...Dan beat me to it.....I guess I need to read the complete thread before replying :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 11, 2017, 10:02:14 AM
Quote from: Dmz73 on June 11, 2017, 07:47:32 AM

not quite, but close - the '70 Charger seats are among the most contoured - heaviest padded (luxurious) seats Chrysler Corp. built ('71-'72 b-bodies also are similar)

those are  '70 Charger seats - maybe a little overstuffed, but pretty close to STOCK
I agree that the  top picture first post is the original 70 Charger seats ,they are identical to the ones in both 70 Chargers I have had

FSHTAIL

I saw those Shelby Charger seats.     
The Mopar L body cars and trucklets have excellent seats. 

If I could see how the E body brackets mount to the seat, I cam give you s better idea if they bolt up. 

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

quapman

DMZ, you might want to dial back those painkillers.   :crazytalk: