Main Menu

What to do with these seats?

Started by Challenger in NC, July 19, 2020, 10:56:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

These seats are out of my 70 Challenger but I am leaning towards purchasing a set of aftermarkets. I'm not sure if these are worth trying to restore (too expensive) or even sell since shipping is prohibitive. What are people doing with all these seats? Eventually, I will be driving the car so I want something more comfortable. Are they worth more if they are parted out (tracks, seat backs, hinges)?

Rich G.

I'd sell them complete and not break it up. Someone will need them.

mccannix

You would get pretty good $$ for those just the way they are, especially from a guy with a survivor Challenger

soundcontrol

What seats are you looking at? I bought a pair of Porsche 911 seats, then I also bought a pair of Corvette Z06 seats, gonna try those this week in my Barracuda that I'm driving now, picture here sitting in my Challenger where they will end up if I like them. (when ever that gets done...) 6-way electric on the driver side. I just figured out how to wire them so they work. Ideal would be a seat that looks original but is comfortable to sit in, with height and angle adjustments.

Challenger in NC

Quote from: soundcontrol on July 19, 2020, 12:35:52 PM
What seats are you looking at? I bought a pair of Porsche 911 seats, then I also bought a pair of Corvette Z06 seats, gonna try those this week in my Barracuda that I'm driving now, picture here sitting in my Challenger where they will end up if I like them. (when ever that gets done...) 6-way electric on the driver side. I just figured out how to wire them so they work. Ideal would be a seat that looks original but is comfortable to sit in, with height and angle adjustments.

I was waiting to see if anyone had any feedback on the jeep seats, there was a thread on it a couple weeks ago. Those looked promising because they resembled the originals and were very reasonably priced.

CudaMoparRay

If you decided to go aftermarket, definitely sell the OEM seats as a complete set. 

Marty

Quote from: Rich G. on July 19, 2020, 11:31:31 AM
I'd sell them complete and not break it up. Someone will need them.

Yeah, me.

EV2RTSE