Main Menu

Window crank lever position

Started by usraptor, August 08, 2017, 06:41:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

Absolutlely correct Burdar, I guess not all of Angie's emblem placements were positioned according to spec, I would assume that most grills made it out the door OK and some didn't. I heard Chryslers quality control left a lot to be desired. But, Hey!! She was excited. LOL.     Thanks,   Al

CudaMoparRay

When you factor all the specs concerning our cars that were not actually adhered to from the factory and then add the changes made by original owners it would seem almost impossible to return a car to its original state. My hat is off to those who at least try to restore them to that level. :tool:

Roadman

I've always positioned them facing forward on all my cars.  But let me ask you guys this, how do you clock your air cleaner wing nut(s) ?  I've always gone 12 6 oclock. Anything else looks dumb to me.  I also do the same on the spare tire hold down wing nut.  :rebelflag"

Burdar

I usually tighten the wing nuts until the threads strip...then back off 1/4 turn.  :stop:

RUNCHARGER

12 and 6 as well. Another thing that drives me crazy.
Sheldon

Roadman

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 09, 2017, 05:36:36 PM
12 and 6 as well. Another thing that drives me crazy.

Oh My God, I'm not the only nut case on the planet.   :woohoo:  Don't get me started on plug wires.   :pullinghair:          :rebelflag"

RUNCHARGER

We all know we're nuts, but we like it that way!
Sheldon

anlauto

You'll notice on every car I restore with PolyGlas Tires.....The valve stem is lined up with the boot in GoodYear.....Try explaining that to the guy at the tire shop.... :looney: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

the last set of POLYGLAS tires I had mounted & balanced, the salesman offered "show car" mounting - I asked "what was that?" - lining up the valve stem with ......

:stop: I said "anywhere is fine the factory wouldn't have done that"