Main Menu

Wood Grain Alternative

Started by rebelyell, September 06, 2017, 12:05:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

Wow! Katfish, your carbon fiber overlay really looks great. Brings your whole dash and interior into the present. A sort of a hi-tech racey look. I'm sure this will give Rebelyell something to give him inspiration. I also ran into a little dilemma when redoing the trim in my SE interior. I didn't care for the Walnut colored wood trim (I don't know to dark and dull looking). Since the car is K2 outside, I wanted a wood tone with some red in it, to compliment each other. I stumbled on some Cherry Oak colored HD 3M vinyl wood sheet used for the outside of woody PT Cruisers, and the Chrysler mini-vans of the 90's. Was a little pricey but worth the look. Made my own templates and carefully hand cut. Still the wood look but a little different. Take a look.    Thanks,   Al

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: 70/6chall on September 25, 2017, 03:33:16 PM
Wow! Katfish, your carbon fiber overlay really looks great. Brings your whole dash and interior into the present. A sort of a hi-tech racey look. I'm sure this will give Rebelyell something to give him inspiration. I also ran into a little dilemma when redoing the trim in my SE interior. I didn't care for the Walnut colored wood trim (I don't know to dark and dull looking). Since the car is K2 outside, I wanted a wood tone with some red in it, to compliment each other. I stumbled on some Cherry Oak colored HD 3M vinyl wood sheet used for the outside of woody PT Cruisers, and the Chrysler mini-vans of the 90's. Was a little pricey but worth the look. Made my own templates and carefully hand cut. Still the wood look but a little different. Take a look.    Thanks,   Al

Wow!  That really turned out fantastic Al!  :bravo:
Rev-It-Up

rebelyell

That doesn't look as bad as I thought it would! It's actually very cool. It would probably save me some time and hassle to buy those.

71TA

Wow! Nice job Katfish! I like how the "grain" flows from the switch pod to the dash!

Can I borrow that picture?

Jim Fillmore
Detroit Muscle Technologies

Katfish

Sure, have at it, you make nice products and I'm very happy with the carbon fiber overlays.

Cudakiller70