Main Menu

Year one dash pad

Started by AH1S, June 28, 2019, 11:12:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

AH1S

I'm checking to see if anyone has purchased an e body dash pad recently. Their ad claims correct texture and choice of steel or abs core. Spoke to rep/sales stated its been out for past 3 or 4 months they have been working on this pad for a number of years. He said year one had in the past sold pads with correct texture and now there back. Sounds to good to be true.

anlauto

How much do they cost ? There is a new company making them,  but to be safe, why not buy a trusted and true one from David at Roseville ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

AH1S

Off the top of my head cost about $699, or 1 million dollars Canadian
and free shipping

anlauto

Quote from: AH1S on June 28, 2019, 11:24:02 AM
Off the top of my head cost about $630, or 1 million dollars Canadian
and free shipping

If you opt for the steel core, I bet there's another $195 core charge.... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

AH1S

Yes 195 core charge. Ok went looking on prior posts here and elsewhere. I'm assuming what's new is they are now offering dash with the steel core?

challengermaniac

No experience with an ABS core although must say it doesn't sound like a good choice at all.  Stick with steel.  Appears YO may be pricing just below the competition in order to get this specific product out there.  Worth the risk?
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

mccannix

If they re-intoduce the one the did about 20 years ago, it was about the best I have seen grain wise for a repro including todays current offerings.......not counting ABC, have not seen those yet.
They only offered 71-74 and it was only available for a short run if I recall

AH1S

Mccannix good memory found an old yearone catalog (2001) they claimed original vinyl by the original manufacturer so that explains the better quality pad.

HEMICUDA

You might as well call Dave at Roseville, same pad.

Chaos-N-Mayhem

While at the Mopar Nats I spoke with Bob from ABCmoparts. I like the dashes he had on display and dropped my core off with him. I also took pictures of my dash so I can post a before and after on the quality and experience with them . Bob advised it would be about 4 weeks.

I had also spoken with Just Dashes before the show. Guy on the phone was super nice and seemed to know his stuff but they had a 4 month turn around.

I also saw Ultimate Rides dashes at the Nats and they looked a little off. Can't explain it but do recall the challenger script looking wrong.

DeathProofCuda

:popcorn:  I'll be looking forward to the report on your experience.

BigSig 6 Barrel

I have a steel core pad on order from thedashpadfactory . . . based in El Paso TX.
They might be the supplier for Year One ??  :dunno:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-DODGE-CHALLENGER-BLACK-DASH-PAD-STEEL-CORE/254218444524?hash=item3b30999eec:g:wYAAAOSwEMpbafOu

If it helps, I'll post some pictures when it arrives!

~ A Wise Man Knows He Isn't

70 Challenger Lover

For my RT, I bought a less expensive steel cored one from a guy who sometimes vends at the Spring Fling shows. He's based out of Texas if I remember correctly. The dash is okay and it fit nice but the overall quality to me is a 7 out of 10. Just little things like stitching are only so-so. I can live with it not being perfect but I decided next time that I would check in here to see who has the best and then just pay the money. Dashes are massive work to change out later. I may be fine for years but if it ever fails prematurely, I'm gonna he pissed that I did that to myself just to save a one time expense of a couple hundred bucks.

7E-Bodies

I bought my Barracuda dashpad from @MoparDave , Dave at Roseville. I'm soon to be ordering one from him for my Challenger as well. He's my main go to. Zero regrets.

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

cuda hunter

Quote from: BigSig 6 Barrel on August 17, 2019, 05:13:54 PM

I have a steel core pad on order from thedashpadfactory . . . based in El Paso TX.
They might be the supplier for Year One ??  :dunno:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-DODGE-CHALLENGER-BLACK-DASH-PAD-STEEL-CORE/254218444524?hash=item3b30999eec:g:wYAAAOSwEMpbafOu

If it helps, I'll post some pictures when it arrives!

Please post up details on them.  I've been waiting for someone to critique them. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee