Main Menu

Engine placement

Started by Swamp Donkey, February 01, 2021, 03:37:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Swamp Donkey

I am about to start ordering more parts for my car.  I have a 73 Cuda and am putting a 6.4 Hemi out of a 2015 ram 2500.  Anyway long story short, I intend on getting the full front end suspension kit from QA1.  I'm going to also looking to order some TTI headers.  On their website they have also mentions of using their motor mounts.  That is fine, but the one thing I'm curious about is I have a 2.9L whipple for my car.  And for some reason I thought I read  few years ago on some random forum or thread here that I might have to move the motor ahead about an inch for the whipple.  Not sure if that is true.  Just because I also plan on going with a tremec 6 speed kit from SST. 

To sum it up... headers, motor mounts, whipple clearance.  HELP!  LOL. 

Just because when I was on TTI's website, they say headers for the 3rd Gen e-body will only fit the 6 speed in "stock location "
Whatever that is.  And moving forward will also probably create issues with the power steering box.

Being from Canada, the shipping etc is crazy so I want to get the right stuff the first try. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Chryco Psycho

First I have not done what you want to do , if the whipple doesn't extend back further than the heater hose outlets at the rear of the engine  you will be fine , I always make sure those heater hoses are attached before installing the engine as you will really struggle to get them on after .
The TTI headers are a tight fit , now way can you move the engine forward & still clear the steering .
I assume you are talking about the T56 Magnum or the T6060 trans .