Main Menu

A Cuda driver from France (1970 slant 6 made in Europe)

Started by Vettefab, May 16, 2018, 11:52:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Vettefab

Hi everybody,

I'm Fabien, from Dunkirk (France), I'm 23, with some Detroit-made cars background, as my uncles have for a while a bunch of Corvette's and some Ford's.

But I'm happier than ever, as I'm the happy owner of a Mopar for now 2 years  :mrgreen:

So it's a '70 Barracuda, but not that much the "Muscle Car" you all have, as it runs its original matching number 170ci and 3spd manual drivetrain.
Yep, I know what you think, there is no more 170ci in 1970, and not anymore in a Barracuda from 1965 !

This weird feature for a '70 Mopar is unique to Europe, where back in the days we had heavy taxes on high displacement engined cars)
Is was still common 15 years ago to meet some 170ci-3spd powered Chally's and Cuda's here in France or in Belgium, but now a lot of them have been "vee-eighted"

The car is far to be mint conditions, some bad bodywork have been done in the eighties, resulting in a bizarre shape (and a thick coat of mastic...) But It's a good runner, I've done 8.000 miles since I own it (the /6 gas mileage helps ! :D)

The 170 is a bit short of power in hilly areas, but I have a 225 Super-Six waiting to be fitted under the hood !

I'll keep and overhaul the 170 and 3 speed gearbox to stand right next to the car in the garage, as some folks do with a 426 hemi  :haha:

Some pictures of the Barracuda (some with friends in her bedroom) :

Barracuda 1970 Made in Rotterdam 170ci 3speed Manual

CudaMoparRay

Very nice car Fabien and  :welcome: From Sylmar, CA

zazou

Plymouth Cuda 1973 - Normandie-France

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the site from New York, Fabian. :unitedstates:

mopar thunder

Very cool car,   :welcome: from sunny Florida (well maybe not right now).

Jay Bee

:wave:  Welcome from Ontario  :canada: . That's got to be one rare Barracuda with the 170 ci engine. Way to go keeping it original too  :bigthumb: .

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JS29

:welcome: From the  :unitedstates:!  Enjoy the car and the gas mileage.  :twothumbsup:

dodgemania

cuda hunter

Welcome to the site.  Awesome car you have there.

I'm curious about the fender tag.  Did your imported car keep it's original fender tag on the drivers inner fender?
or did it end up with no fender tag or other option tags?   

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

bluespruce

Welcome from Colorado, neat barracuda you have

Chryco Psycho

Welcome from Panama  :wave:
If you mill the head .100 & port it you will gain a lot of power with the 225 , let me know if I can help with info , I have built a number of /6 engines this way with great results

usraptor

Jim AAR

:welcome: from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada :canada:

You have found your E-Body home, the best E-Body site in the world...

Cuda Cody

Welcome @Vettefab   :welcome:  Thanks for sharing some photos of your cool cars.   :twothumbsup: